Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would Jesus Buy?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Anyone heard of this movie? I saw a short article about it in the paper and did a search for it. It opened on the 16th, but I can't find any theaters within a 50 mile radius playing it :idea: It's a documentary from the guy who made "Supersize Me." It's about our over consumption and the buy! buy! buy! spend! spend! spend! mentality at Christmas. The guy travels to the Mall of America and Bentonville, AK among other places. I'd really like to see it, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to go to video. How come we can find Michael Moore's crap in every town, but not this? Maybe because if people started thinking about this idea our ustable retail based economy would collapse?
    I just have to wonder if there's not some kind of back room reasoning why this movie is not available to the general public. Certainly no shopping mall theaters would want to play it. :idea:

OCMerrill
    A Lab pup or 2?

Cheap Thrills
    Morgan Spurlock (sp?) Is a documentary genius. I loved the Supersize Me and the 30 days series he did. I haven't heard about What Would Jesus Buy. :idea:
    If it's anything like his other works it should prove enlightening. Let me know if you find it and how ya liked it.
    T.

rodnjen
    I agree, Spulock rocks! I have not heard about that film but I would love to see it.
    I like the holidays as much as anyone but it has become a little over-the-top.

ratso
    What If God Was One Of Us...:idea:

Jbb
    What If God Was One Of Us...:idea:
    just a slob like one of us...?

BIGRRNU
    he would buy a SKATER

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    A Lab pup or 2?
    Two would be good. Buy! Buy! Buy!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I want to be formal but I want to party...cuz I like to party.

RitcheyRch
    I'm surprised he hasnt done more of the 30 days series.
    http://wwjbmovie.com/
    Morgan Spurlock (sp?) Is a documentary genius. I loved the Supersize Me and the 30 days series he did. I haven't heard about What Would Jesus Buy. :idea:
    If it's anything like his other works it should prove enlightening. Let me know if you find it and how ya liked it.
    T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast