Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carb intake question

vdrivenman
    running a 482, 13/1 bbc ,full roller, rect port heads, not sure on the valve sizes.
    current set up is 2 1050 dom's on a tunnel ram.had considered going to a
    single 1050 on the tr,but concerned about the leaning out problem.
    don't race this boat, a rider so what intake is recommended to allow me to
    use one of the 1050's and save some fuel.figure i wil only loose 3-4 mph by
    going with single set up and since not a racer thats ok OR should i stay with
    the tr and go to smaller carbs??

BrendellaJet
    Why not use a non TR manifold?

ol guy
    Holley pro-dominator manifold and 1 1050. Not enough info to go further. That system was designed by holley to go high in the rpm range and still have driveabilty. Side note: I would not worry about a speed change to much. I would worry about the bottom-end you will pick-up and where to spend the extra money you wont be tossing at the feul dude. M

hotbo
    team g makes a good intake, dart,brodix,victor jr,ect any of the tall single planes will do.
    that t-ram with the 2 1050s is killing you bro you will pick up low,mid, and top end plus better economy dont be fooled by t-ram nuts with big carbs they are bling-bling shiat they have there place just not on little motors that dont turn alot of rpms.
    from what i hear my bro tells me you are only turning 5800 once in a great while with a b-cut impeller should be better with that motor.you will notice a difference in that when you chunk the t-ram and do it right later trav.
    obtw he said he talked to you today.

IMPATIENT 1
    running a 482, 13/1 bbc ,full roller, rect port heads, not sure on the valve sizes.
    current set up is 2 1050 dom's on a tunnel ram.had considered going to a
    single 1050 on the tr,but concerned about the leaning out problem.
    don't race this boat, a rider so what intake is recommended to allow me to
    use one of the 1050's and save some fuel.figure i wil only loose 3-4 mph by
    going with single set up and since not a racer thats ok OR should i stay with
    the tr and go to smaller carbs??
    go single gary, you won't lose anything. did you decide to keep it?

vdrivenman
    thanks for all the info. i value it !!!!!
    haven't decided yet.steven and i had a good conversation and discussed some possibilties.nice guy that is why i HAVE to make a broken bow or greason deal this yr.
    my wife likes water and boats,but likes to ride a little bit.not just go from the ramp to the hangout.with current set up it drinks the fuel.
    i can't imagine it pulling any harder than it does from 3500 til i am out of impellar or bump the limiter at 5800.
    tell me any other info needed to make a decision.cam intake is.580 exhaust is .685 run the valves at 30 cold.would a carb intake change require a timing set or plug change.
    these questins may sound stupid to some of u,but i am no motor head.
    i guess the 1 1050 will flow high enough to feed this motor.
    heading out for lagrange,but check back later for info.
    happy & save TG guys!

IMPATIENT 1
    gary i'm building a 13 to 1 505 and by every carb calculator i use, to run the motor up to 7500rpms showed i needed a 1000cfms. i went with a new custom built dominator 1050 that flowed at alittle over 1150cfm on the flowbench.runnin it on a single plane. 2 carbs aren't for guys like us who go all over the lake all day, not just set and chill if i'm at the lake, i'm there to drive my boat, i just stop long enough to drain a can or 2 and my bladder
    timing should be the same or close but you'll need to go back to stock jetting on the 1 dominator and tune from there. you may get lucky and the carbs be still stock jetted

IMPATIENT 1
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43581&d=1195660397here 's what i bought for my 505 and i don't have any fear of having to little a carb:

hotbo
    yes it will be alot better on fuel and power that motor is the f-in over carbed like me tom said youll be much happier with 1 of those and still have fuel at the end of the day
    a 482 is really not a big motor bro 550 c.i. is getting small these days,lol!!!
    my ole mans motor is a 505 like the one toms building and he can run all day and we run alot on 2 10 gallon tanks and i mean we run alot.miles upon miles if he plays it smart if he starts playin hard sure it will drink the fuel:jawdrop:
    he turns a a/b agressor ss impellor 6300 rpm and the pump is fully loaded.so thats why im saying i bet you get that motor runed right and youll gain rpm and speed.:devil:

vdrivenman
    GEEZ i need a drink.that Houston traffic was grid lock murder and i was pullin FIL's 21 ft mako back to his house for him.
    so If i keep it.definitely going to go to 1 dom and a single plain intake. looks like the best of all worlds.less fuel useage,more torque in low and mid range and possibly p/u some top end.
    i'll start looking once i decide.
    thanks guyz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wind is a blowing temps dropping fast,cold turkey day in store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast