Thread: new msd systems coming out

IMPATIENT 1
    was checking out the msd site and seen they're introducing a programmable 6al box soon!! says we can tune the timing curves, retards, etc. i'm pumped up about it, i bet it'll cost major $$$$ though
    Programmable-6AL
    Following the introduction of the 6AL-2, there will also be a 21st century version – a laptop programmable 6AL!
    This advance ignition control provides street and performance cars to take advantage of tuning in an ignition curve or boost timing map from a PC. Also, using MSDÂ’s Pro-Data+ software will provide simple adjustments to a two step rev limiter, step retard and more! Check out www.msdignition.com for more information!
    Programmable-6AL (PN 6530)

hotbo
    wow pretty neat torpedo bet that sob cost bazillions

IMPATIENT 1
    wow pretty neat torpedo bet that sob cost bazillions
    i'm gonna get 1 when they come out, it'd be awesome to build my own timing map out for my motor plus able to have a custom retarded timing map for nitrous!

N281PONY
    Why not go with the 7531? The price difference probably won't be much different. Then you'll just have to learn to "connect the dots"

BrendellaJet
    No big advantage here for a jetboat. Maybe some for the nitrous retard, but the digi 6 already has the 2 step so for most, the ability to program timing is just going to lead to problems

IMPATIENT 1
    No big advantage here for a jetboat. Maybe some for the nitrous retard, but the digi 6 already has the 2 step so for most, the ability to program timing is just going to lead to problems
    shoot, being able to map your own timing curve would be awesome on a jetboat. fuel injected autos have been doin it for yrs. and company's like hypertech have taken advantage of being able to change timing curves i'm pumped about it, it'll bring alittle more tech to a carb'd boat

BrendellaJet
    I dont see the point. 90% of my timing is in by 3k rpm and thats what it takes for me to stay on plane. Dont see the benefit of being able to map the remaining 10%.