Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zoomies

jockorace
    I'll send you some pics. No, it's no here yet. I have a guy that will deliver it fo $1K from North Carolina to my house. That way I don't have to drive freakin' 2,800 miles (round trip). Dave

amatosanger
    Does Anyone Run Zoomies With Mufflers Or Know Anyone That Does? How Does It Work, Good Bad Or Ugly? Thank You.
    Hey Tony I got mufflers with my zoomies but their no good. I lost horsepower, made the motor sound like crap and didn't quiet down very much. Instead I would suggest a set of larger blower headers with stainless muffler inserts. We run that setup with the flat on Gun Lake it works well for the watercops.

jockorace
    Here's pic of the one I bought (sorry, forgot to re-size it) and another of my sons Cougar. The are IDENTICAL twins, same year, same color, etc. I HAD to buy it. The hull is excellent, but it will get fully disassembled and rebuilt. I'm not sure what I'll put in it for power, however it must be more than the blown gas 572 my kid will be running next season. (Can you say ALCOHOL!). He ran low 120's with 1000 hp N/A 565 last year and only went blown for the leave. It's gonna be fun, Poppa Jocko and little Jocko at CFW!!! You guys really ought to drag out there.
    (better pics later) Dave

Unchained
    Zoomies are another one of those things that just make the boat less useable.
    I've seen guys who insist on running them and it just attracts the cops who then are around to spoil someone else's boating too.
    If it's strictly a race boat, maybe.
    For a lake boat like yours, Leave those noisy f*****s home. :devil:

Placecraft Dragstar
    Why do they make a boat less useable? If you think they are to noisy then you are to OLD.

YOUPER
    I've seen guys who insist on running them and it just attracts the cops who then are around to spoil someone else's boating too.
    YES MARK, I THINK YOUR ARE RIGHT I FOUND A SET OF BIG TUBE BLOWER HEADERS I`LL GO WITH.

Placecraft Dragstar
    BIG TUBE BLOWER HEADERS I`LL GO WITH.
    That is what I have and its not as noisy as I thought they would be. I do not have any mufflers in either.

Unchained
    Why do they make a boat less useable? If you think they are to noisy then you are to OLD.
    Well zoomies wouldn't matter for you Scott, because even if you HAD a fast boat.........it ain't gonna leave the garage anyways. LMAO

River Rat 005
    I use to boat on the Ohio river. Where it passes between Ohio and W.Va. It's governed by W.Va. They have a muffler law, but they don't enforce it. A lot of us ran open zoomies. Go 6 miles up river and cross into Pa. and it's a $100 fine. I bet Ohio didn't like that deal, as they enforce their muffler law. I haven't been down there in 10 years, so it may have changed.

amatosanger
    I use to boat on the Ohio river. Where it passes between Ohio and W.Va. It's governed by W.Va. They have a muffler law, but they don't enforce it. A lot of us ran open zoomies. Go 6 miles up river and cross into Pa. and it's a $100 fine. I bet Ohio didn't like that deal, as they enforce their muffler law. I haven't been down there in 10 years, so it may have changed.
    I was down there this past august to visit a friend and we ran that stretch of the Ohio in his blown boat with zoomies ..... no watercops in sight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast