Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrera Elite 20.5 ?

MBlaster
    What do you guys think about them?
    I found a pretty nice 90' w/BBC, rebuilt pump, excellent cond.
    I'm impressed with the room since I'll be hauling the family around.
    Seems like a very well built boat, and big enough to do double duty
    at the river and LH.

marty722
    It just didn't have enough power for me. Even though it had the BBC when you fill the boat you can tell... The room it great and storage is also good. I had the pump BP and also had the reducer installed..... If you just want to cruise it's perfect but if you want alittle power it won't be there.... Just my 02 cents on the boat I had.
    95 carrera202xr
    email me if you need more info
    carrera202xr@pacbell.net

MBlaster
    Think it will do 50 with 2 adults and 2 little kids, cooler, chairs, and EZup? If so I'm good because it's a really bitchin looking boat. Dunno if the pump was bp'd but I was thinking of adding a shoe and ride plate if the deal goes forward.

TIMINATOR
    Heavy,underpowered,slug. Ran 54 mph with stock 330 hp BBC. Added droop,rideplate,Place diverter,4" exhaust tips and 4" ex. hose,perf RPM intake, and 800dp, and was rewarded with a rousing 57-58 mph. Mine was an open bow 205 Elite. At last ditch effort, installed a 410 hp BBC from a Mercruiser(I borrowed it) and only picked up 2 mph, yup didn't crack 60. Bought the 21 Daytona, stuck in the 410 and ran 72mph, and rode a hall of a lot better and used about 10-15 LESS gallons a day. I then built the 572 and ran 96 on the motor, at about the same fuel consumption as the Carrera. The Carrera looks nice, but I would NEVER even think about owning another one. Your results may vary. I do hear that they run very well with an outdrive, but those are pricey. TIMINATOR

boater012
    I have about three customers who have them and they all spend way more money on there boats than the other people with comparibly sized boats do. Because they are so heavy and not very efficient at all! they spend the same in repairs as others who have 28 to 30 footers they are that hard on the motors. one customer has had his for the whole time ive been in business and weve put two Indmar jet boat specific crate motors in it so far! in five years! both times they were just wore out!
    I agree they are a good looking boat but I would'nt own one!

MBlaster
    There is no such thing as perfection but,
    OUCH I wasn't expecting such negative posts.
    I really don't need a boat that goes 70.
    I need a nice reliable safe family hauler, with room for stuff that can do the river and havasu.
    Don't want a POS and it has to fit the budget.
    OUCH.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    There is no such thing as perfection but,
    OUCH I wasn't expecting such negative posts.
    I really don't need a boat that goes 70.
    I need a nice reliable safe family hauler, with room for stuff that can do the river and havasu.
    Don't want a POS and it has to fit the budget.
    OUCH.
    Im with ya on that one! I actually like the carerra style hull. Its a clean looking cruiser. If you want a famliy boat that looks clean and still throws a nice rooster then jump on that biotch Dont worry about the negative posts, some of these peeps are always trying to go 150mph! Some of them forgot about the true ethics of boating

sdpm
    Great boat! I owned one for a few years. I had a all iron 509 BBC with a small B&m blower and a single 1050 and it would run in the low 70's. Pump had some work done to it. Shoe and ride plate,droop,hyd diverter,loader grate, SS "A" impeller. Great ride, perfect size for small family. Buy it!!

TIMINATOR
    Yeah, don't worry about the negative posts, take advice from someone who has never owned one. See the Kachina Ken post (if it hasn't been removed again). P.S. if I posted that the world was round,396 would argue that too! Thats what he does.... TIMINATOR AKA Sgt. JOE FRIDAY "Just the facts ma'am"

MBlaster
    Yeah, don't worry about the negative posts, take advice from someone who has never owned one. See the Kachina Ken post (if it hasn't been removed again). P.S. if I posted that the world was round,396 would argue that too! Thats what he does.... TIMINATOR AKA Sgt. JOE FRIDAY "Just the facts ma'am"
    I do appreciate the input. It is difficult to cut through the personal crap and decipher the usefull info. It seems your needs were not met with the Carrera and the step to the Daytona 21 fit your bill. Do you think the 20.5 will fill the needs of a guy with a wife and a couple little ones that needs a safe, roomy, stylish and resonably quick jet to cruise in?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast