Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrera Elite 20.5 ?

BarryMac
    I have the 202XR, same hull just a different top, I love my boat, I have the 454 with the sport pack, 380hp, I also have a hydraulic diverter, I run between 55 and 60, haven't GPS'd it yet, I will this year, like others have said it is a pretty heavy boat but IMO that makes the ride that much better.

TIMINATOR
    It rode much rougher than I would have expected, the droop,place divertor, and plate did help the ride, but for the $1250.00 cost, still not enough. If where you boat is allways smooth, it will probably fill the bill, if not, make sure you get an extended test ride. A wife and a couple of kids usually don't mean that fuel economy is not an issue either. The other problem is they are among the most expensive in its class, you as I may appreciate the quality, but when you are trying to sell it you will get VERY tired of hearing how every lookie-lou can buy a Kachina for about half of what you are asking. TIMINATOR

MBlaster
    Well I'm gonna go drive it this week with some money in my pocket. :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Yeah, don't worry about the negative posts, take advice from someone who has never owned one. See the Kachina Ken post (if it hasn't been removed again). P.S. if I posted that the world was round,396 would argue that too! Thats what he does.... TIMINATOR AKA Sgt. JOE FRIDAY "Just the facts ma'am"
    LMFAO, you are very funny timm. I guess you right, he should take your advice. Especially from someone that recommends an aluminum impeller and a high horsepower motor

Schiada Time
    MBlaster-Is the boat you are looking at owned by a guy name Brian and it is located in like Anaheim Hills? If so I know the boat-(white,blue,yellow,orange)with a 454 and Berkely 12JG with hydraulic diverter. Has a nice stereo and a bimini and such. if this is the boat you are looking at I say buy it. I have driven this boat as Brian is a friend of mine and my sisters and this boat is immaculate. Brian boats with us out on Lake Mead and this boat handles well and is a perfect family cruiser. I would have bought the boat myself but I really wanted a V-drive and just bought one. I understand the family thing as i just sold my 530 HP low profile Hallet jet that ran 80mph on GPS and had a tunnel ram with twin holley's and over the transom headers. Bought a '22 Schiada V-Drive. If this is the boat tell Brian I said Hello and good luck. I think he is asking 14K in the Boat Trader and I gotta tell you that you wont find a cleaner one for the $$. My .02 cents as i have personal exp. with this boat. If you have any questions 714-276-5268
    trav

MBlaster
    MBlaster-Is the boat you are looking at owned by a guy name Brian and it is located in like Anaheim Hills? If so I know the boat-(white,blue,yellow,orange)with a 454 and Berkely 12JG with hydraulic diverter. Has a nice stereo and a bimini and such. if this is the boat you are looking at I say buy it. I have driven this boat as Brian is a friend of mine and my sisters and this boat is immaculate. Brian boats with us out on Lake Mead and this boat handles well and is a perfect family cruiser. I would have bought the boat myself but I really wanted a V-drive and just bought one. I understand the family thing as i just sold my 530 HP low profile Hallet jet that ran 80mph on GPS and had a tunnel ram with twin holley's and over the transom headers. Bought a '22 Schiada V-Drive. If this is the boat tell Brian I said Hello and good luck. I think he is asking 14K in the Boat Trader and I gotta tell you that you wont find a cleaner one for the $$. My .02 cents as i have personal exp. with this boat. If you have any questions 714-276-5268
    trav
    Yep thats the one, it a nice super nice boat.
    He seems like a cool guy too.
    I'll tell him Hi for you!
    If it tests out ok, she will come home with me.

Schiada Time
    You could not do better for the $$. Very clean, turn key reliable boat. You'll have to bring it to Mead sometime so the boat can hang out in its old stomping grounds.

TIMINATOR
    396: if you don't understand it, you shouldn't f--k with it! TIMINATOR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    396: if you don't understand it, you shouldn't f--k with it! TIMINATOR
    LOL, you should quit your day job and be a comedian!! Wait.... dont do that, then people cant run aluminum impellers for "Not Tuff E Nuff" in thier dragboats. Timm, I dont know why your going after me. I never directed a post to you. All I said was to buy the boat and dont worry about everyones negative opinions.I will repost what I said since you are allergic to reading...
    [quote]
    Im with ya on that one! I actually like the carerra style hull. Its a clean looking cruiser. If you want a famliy boat that looks clean and still throws a nice rooster then jump on that biotch Dont worry about the negative posts, some of these peeps are always trying to go 150mph! Some of them forgot about the true ethics of boating
    396[quote]

MBlaster
    trav
    Hey Red Rocker,
    Got her!!!
    She's a gem...
    Maybe we'll all get to hang out this summer.
    Dan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast