Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: what ski/race boats competed against Schiadas in 80's and 90's?

Racey
    Whats going on here - looks like the exhaust comes forward?
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1195962739
    That boat has an I/O and the motor sits too far back for the exhaust to mount normally I would guess...
    Arrowhead boat, the entire straight section of pipe at the bottom is muffler'd, the thing is so quiet it sounds like a stocker, it's waterjacketed all the way to to where it connects to the tail pipes at the transom.
    We had IMCO manifolds on it first with the same type of pipe setup and the f'n things would keep pulling water into the engine, we tried smaller cams, still did it, fabbed up velocity cones to put on the manifold where it connects to the pipe, to try and increase pressure inside the manifold a little and speed up the exhaust as it entered the pipe, still f'n sucked water. We have the old set of pipes still about a weeks solid of work to fab them down the tubes, threw the manifolds in the garbage, never bought IMCO's for anything again.
    probably robs a good amount of HP but the boat is only used on that lake and it's 35mph anyway, if i remember correctly the Engine makes about 630hp on Carsons Dyno, All Alum 540CuIn.

whiteworks
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...frontangle.jpg
    Rex Ive driven by your pad a million times, had no clue. I lived around the corner on 23rd up until last year. I always wondered what was under that cover and who lived there. I'm really curious about the other boat behind it, somthing with twin wakkers.

I have never seen your boat until now it sure looks great Mike.
    it sounds like it runs well to .

I'm really curious about the other boat behind it, somthing with twin wakkers.
    The twin Vector is sold and now resides in Belgium as a single engine practice boat for a ski racer there. It participated in the Diamond race this year there. The Schiada is also at the shop now. I had it up there for awhile (actually quite awhile) during the transition between shops.
    Thanks Hallett although right now not running all that well.

SGettmann
    Hi Rex - Thanks for posting photos- really sweet setup. Love the Balsa floors. I have a question, on the dual MSD ingition box and blaster coil - you have a dual setup. Can you share any information on how this was setup? Is there a switch, or do you manually have to reach back and change some wiring around. I'm thinking about doing something similar to my setup, after I get her running, of course. Thanks,
    Sean

Hi Rex - Thanks for posting photos- really sweet setup. Love the Balsa floors. I have a question, on the dual MSD ingition box and blaster coil - you have a dual setup. Can you share any information on how this was setup? Is there a switch, or do you manually have to reach back and change some wiring around. I'm thinking about doing something similar to my setup, after I get her running, of course. Thanks,
    Sean
    Thanks Sean,
    Yes it is a special toggle switch supplied by MSD. I mounted it in the plate right under the coil splitter although it's hard to make out in the photo there. You simply flip the switch underway and you are on a whole different ignition system (box and coil). I also use the vibration isolators on the boxes and the 8222 hi vibration coils.

SGettmann
    Does Rex marine carry that stuff? I need it - both the dampening coils, the switch, need it all. Don't think I had any of that stuff with my initial setup. The more I read this forum, the more stuff that I realized that I don't have

Does Rex marine carry that stuff? I need it - both the dampening coils, the switch, need it all. Don't think I had any of that stuff with my initial setup. The more I read this forum, the more stuff that I realized that I don't have
    Yeah funny how that works.
    We carry the whole MSD line. I should have the coils on the shelf, I probably will have to order the switch and coil wire splitter.

Riverkid
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1196997678
    Your colors! That's pretty unique. How fast, and how did it handle?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast