What most sane people already realize, is that the job of protecting ME, is best left up to ME. Where was law enforcement during the Virginia college killing spree? Waiting patiently by the phone for the call to tell them "send help we have umpteen people DEAD already", is where. ONE responsible gun owner could have saved 30+ human lives, but idiots think somehow we will be safe if we cant legally own guns. Guess what Einstien? CRIMINALS DONT GIVE A SHIT WHATS LEGAL AND WHATS NOT, THATS WHY THEY ARE CRIMINALS. DUH! If you criminalize guns, only criminals will have them, and then everyone will be sitting ducks. Well no thanks, not me. My opinion is, the gov. doesnt have any business telling me whether or not I can own a gun, their business is executing me if I were to use it irresponsibly. IE, killing people.
You may see it as OK to be a potential victim of some loon. Well I dont.
If thats your choice, fine. Dont force it on the rest of us.
OH MY GOD!!! How come with people like you, the answer is always a bigger gun, or more guns, or more bombs or bigger bombs? Is it so outrageous to think that maybe we could solve a problem without killing people?
Instead of seeing the problem as it actually is (two guns too many on the campus of Virgina Tech) you imagine some other problem, in this case NOT ENOUGH GUNS ON THE CAMPUS OF VIRGINA TECH!!!
I know, I know, if you were there and you'd had your gun...yada yada yada, WHATEVER!!!
If we all lived in your world and everyone on campus actually had a gun, what would happen would look something like this:
Gunman pulls out gun and starts shooting people,
Redneck #1 sees opportunity to be on FOX news as a great American gun toting hero, takes out his Chuck Norris gun and starts firing wildly at gunman,
Redneck #2, #3, #4 and on through redneck #400 see redneck #1, #2, #3 and all the others shooting and begin shooting at each other, all of them believing that they are shooting at someone who is on a shooting spree, all of them missing their targets and shooting innocent bystanders.
How would any of them know who was the real "bad guy"? Are we going to put bad guys in uniforms? Is it going to be like a first person shooter game, with a flashing red arrow over the head of the bad guys and a circle slash over the good guys when you have one of the good guys in your sights?
I'm sure that the rednecks would most likely just shoot the person with the darkest skin, which would make the end result of this policy the same as all conservative policies, impacting minorities the harshest.
Nevermind, I forgot, you've watched all the Dirty Harry movies, you know what you're doing. Just make sure you speak loudly enough for all the hot chick bystanders to hear your clever one-liners as you cooly dispatch the bad guys with your big ass gun.
Here's one, "Schools out, mother****er", or how about, "Class dismissed, bitch boy", and then you shoot him right between the eyes.
That would be tight, huh?
Wow, you must be the baddest mofo to ever post on a political rhetoric forum.
Homeless