Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercising my 2nd amendment over the weekend.

YeLLowBoaT
    How many guns do I own? I wonder why you'd ask that. Isn't that one of those questions you gun whackos get really sensitive about people asking?
    Okay, I'll play along. Of course I don't own any guns. I have trained local, state and federal law enforcement officers whom I pay taxes to train and equip. So far I've never had any mishaps due to one of their guns being used against me or any of my housemates, nor have any of those firearms been involved in an accidental shooting. I'm quite comfortable with that.
    If you're going to make the argument that I can't comment on gun control issues since I'm not a gun owner, I'd be willing to go along with that so long as everyone without ovaries will recuse themselves from the abortion debate.
    Homeless
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...nut/bangun.gif

homelessinaz
    I agree!
    Why is it that the libs have a very narrow view of the scope of the 2nd amendment, yet want to interpret the 1st amendment in the absolute broadest terms.
    I have no problem with people wanting to exercise their second amendment right to bear arms as members of a well regulated militia...what's your point? Go ahead, go join a well regulated militia.
    Like all other areas of the Constitution, the second amendment is subject to revision. People have been trying for YEARS (and show no signs of letting up) to modify a woman's right to privacy based on their religious beliefs, and the entire Republican party strategy for a couple decades has been based on promising their base that they'll repeal that right, so what makes you think that modifying or eliminating the second amendment is or should be off the table?
    Folks REALLY need to stop hiding behind the Constitution, because the mere fact that it was written on some paper 220ish years ago by some dead white slave owners doesn't make it the inspired word of the almighty. If your entire argument is that "...hey, it's in the Constitution" then your argument is pretty weak.
    Homeless

YeLLowBoaT
    I would also like to point out that since class 3 weapons were classifed in 1938... there has been one felony commited with them in the state of CA...
    Some gun nut going on a killing spree? nope... It was a LA county sheriffs deputy using it to kill his wife and trying to make it look like a gang hit. Yeah cops should have guns... Do you want me to post the video of the DEA agent saying "I'm the only one in this room qualifed to have a gun" and 30 seconds latter shooing him self in the leg? I can... Or what about the cop that discharged her weapon with in inchs of a suspect on the ground and almost hittting her fellow officer...

homelessinaz
    and the country that has the most guns per capita, and also has the lowest crime rate is... switzerland. Kind of wonder why... more so since thier nat'l sport is target shooting.
    Fact is the VT thing should have never happend, as the nut job was already precluded to owning firearms, but do to a goverment agency not reporting that info to the proper goverment agencys he was aloud to legally buy them.
    Maybe we should just enforce the gun control laws...
    then there are people like Roise O'donnell.... Who firmly beleaves no one should have guns, but her body gaurds carry... hmmm link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=5rhuLnrrwJQ)
    So she can protect herself and her family, but Since I make a middle class wage and can't aford proffessional body gaurds... I should not be able to defend my family?
    First off, I'd like to say that although gun ownership laws haven't been able to totally prevent violence, we surely could (AND SHOULD) pass a law against people like YOU being allowed to own or possess any type or writing instrument, typewriter, printing press or any other type of word processing equipment in order to prevent you from committing any further spelling or grammar errors. Yes, I am funny.
    The rest of your post isn't really even worth replying to, since it sounds like you formed each and every one of your arguments by reading all the bumper stickers you saw in the parking lot outside the gun show.
    Yeah, Switzerland is heavily armed and very peaceful, but it's a big stretch to say that their low crime rate is tied directly to gun ownership, isn't it? Switzerland is the way it is largely because they have been the wealthiest country in Europe for quite some time, they have practically no unemployment and have what is considered one of the world's most competitive economies.
    You can sit there and argue that gun ownership reduces crime and gun confiscation increases crime, but if that were true we'd be able to end crime by arming everyone. In reality, POVERTY causes crime, and they don't have a poverty problem in Switzerland, which is why they basically don't have a gun violence problem either.
    I'd agree with you that maybe we should enforce the laws we have on the books instead of enacting new laws, how about we begin by enforcing the law that gun owners be members of a WELL REGULATED MILITIA? I bet you'd be amazed how much that'd help. Next, how about we eliminate one of the largest and most obstructive lobbyist groups in America, the National Rifle Association. The NRA has worked to undermine and eliminate the government's ability to enact and enforce sensible gun control laws. If they'd stop obstructing, Congress and the Department of Justice would have a lot less trouble enforcing existing laws. Yes, what I mean is that the should be gun registration and a NATIONAL clearinghouse that enforces a law that prevents registrants (like mentally ill persons) from purchasing weapons and ammunition. This would mean a registry of gun owners and a waiting period, and you know the NRA won't let that happen, so enough with the pie in the sky crap about "enforcing existing laws" out of one side of your mouth and then saying, "no registry, no waiting list" out of the other.
    Rosie wouldn't need armed guard if there weren't ARMED mentally ill right wing gun whackos making threats against her and her family's lives.
    Homeless

homelessinaz
    I would also like to point out that since class 3 weapons were classifed in 1938... there has been one felony commited with them in the state of CA...
    Some gun nut going on a killing spree? nope... It was a LA county sheriffs deputy using it to kill his wife and trying to make it look like a gang hit. Yeah cops should have guns... Do you want me to post the video of the DEA agent saying "I'm the only one in this room qualifed to have a gun" and 30 seconds latter shooing him self in the leg? I can... Or what about the cop that discharged her weapon with in inchs of a suspect on the ground and almost hittting her fellow officer...
    I KNEW THAT SOMEONE WOULD BRING UP AGENT LEE PAIGE!!! Typical racists love to see a strong African-American get taken down a peg, especially when he's operating in a white man's world of law enforcement. I don't know about the other accidental discharge you mentioned, but WOW surprise it was a woman, how odd. It's my understanding that Agent Paige isn't the first law enforcement agent to have an accidental discharge, but he's sure the most famous.
    Yeah, so Agent Paige accidentally shot himself, I guess you're right, everyone should have a gun. Good argument, flawless logic...idiot.
    I had to do some googling to figure out what a class III weapon is, but from what I can gather it's a machine gun, silencer, short-barrel shotgun and things like that. You're claiming that only ONE felony has been committed with a class 3 weapon in CA since 1938? Just right off the top of my head, was that a class 3 weapon that the guy was shooting at police in the North Hollywood shootout? That's just off the top of my head, but I doubt you're correct.

homelessinaz
    Maybe you should do some research concerning what libertarians truly believe before you call yourself one..
    By the way, because of hunters the health of the game herds in this country has never been better.
    Since you asked, I explained my Libertarianism in this post:
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread...arian+big+tent
    Secondly, I think it's great that you care so much about animal well-being that you are willing to kill them to keep them well. I never knew that all those guys with guns who head into the woods were just doing it to maintain the health of game herds. Did you all ever think of maybe going out there with FOOD instead of guns?
    I hope that someday we'll maintain the health of the redneck herd the same way that rednecks maintain the health of the "game herds".

YeLLowBoaT
    I KNEW THAT SOMEONE WOULD BRING UP AGENT LEE PAIGE!!! Typical racists love to see a strong African-American get taken down a peg, especially when he's operating in a white man's world of law enforcement. I don't know about the other accidental discharge you mentioned, but WOW surprise it was a woman, how odd. It's my understanding that Agent Paige isn't the first law enforcement agent to have an accidental discharge, but he's sure the most famous.
    Yeah, so Agent Paige accidentally shot himself, I guess you're right, everyone should have a gun. Good argument, flawless logic...idiot.
    I had to do some googling to figure out what a class III weapon is, but from what I can gather it's a machine gun, silencer, short-barrel shotgun and things like that. You're claiming that only ONE felony has been committed with a class 3 weapon in CA since 1938? Just right off the top of my head, was that a class 3 weapon that the guy was shooting at police in the North Hollywood shootout? That's just off the top of my head, but I doubt you're correct.
    big diffrence between that and what I said... those guns were illegal. I'm talking about a legally owned firearm in the hands of its legal owners...
    My point was that cops can not be trusted with the safety of others, they have enough probs with thier own safety.( not every cop, but enought of them that it is an issue. BTW the private range I shoot at has only ever removed one persons membership... it was a local PD officer...)
    If you watch the video of the DEA agent. Its clear to anyone that understands the basic ideas behind safe gun handling that, he should not be armed. Go to youtube and look up "dumb women cop" you will see the other video. BTW women are generally better and safer shooters then men are.( like every thing else its just practice.)

STV_Keith
    How many guns do I own? I wonder why you'd ask that. Isn't that one of those questions you gun whackos get really sensitive about people asking?
    Okay, I'll play along. Of course I don't own any guns. I have trained local, state and federal law enforcement officers whom I pay taxes to train and equip.
    Homeless
    I will tell you exactly why I asked...because this is yet another case of someone who has no experience with something wanting to ban it because of some damn statistic that really means nothing. Criminals will be criminals wether they have a gun or not. It's just one of the more effective tools, but a TOOL nonetheless. Give a criminal a baseball bat and it's just as effective.
    I own a Dodge pickup and a Pontiac car. What if when the Ford Explorers were all flipping over, that I went on a crusade to ban them? Didn't affect me one way or the other if they weren't around anymore, since I didn't want one or drive one anyway...and the argument could be made that in the hands of some "maniac" driving next to me, it could flip and kill me. Or how about ban Firestone tires because some blew up.
    The point I'm trying to make is that people that are trying to ban/limit guns don't use them and don't care for them in the first place. It's feeling motivated, not rationally motivated, to be trying to get rid of them.
    Pick the favorite thing you like to do...let's say canoeing, thanks to your avatar. What would you be saying to me or anyone that was trying to ban canoes? I don't use them, so it wouldn't matter to me if they got banned; but you like them, so you don't want to see them banned because someone else who thought differently than you didn't give 2 sharts about them, right?
    Bottom line is do what you want and let me do what I want.
    Now, about the other comments about waiting for the cops to show and protect you...If you were in your box (homeless right?) and someone stuck a knife through the window, how long would it take you for you or someone else to call the cops, the call get dispatched and an officer to respond? How long would it take that bad guy to gut you like a fish if that was his intent?
    I once read a neat little quip: "a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."

TonkaDriver
    Since you asked, I explained my Libertarianism in this post:
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread...arian+big+tent
    Secondly, I think it's great that you care so much about animal well-being that you are willing to kill them to keep them well. I never knew that all those guys with guns who head into the woods were just doing it to maintain the health of game herds. Did you all ever think of maybe going out there with FOOD instead of guns?
    I hope that someday we'll maintain the health of the redneck herd the same way that rednecks maintain the health of the "game herds".
    I read your linked posts. Proves my point completely. You indeed have no idea what a Libertarian is. If you are a Communist, you should register as one. There is an active Communist party for you to join so you can align yourself properly with all the other losers of your ilk.
    In the case that you are just cunfused as well as misguided, Libertarians and Communists are polar opposites.
    I hope that since you are so concerned with obeying all laws that the dwelling you and the rest of your livingmates reside in is properly zoned for so many occupants.
    I wonder where the world would be if your mother as well as many others that brought your type into this world would have used their perceived right to choose to murder the unborn.

Old Texan
    Folks we have learned something here, Internet Trolls paddle canoes and are World Citizens.
    Now get back to "your" world Troll.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast