Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Cole boats???

new2cats
    My buddy worked for them years ago...lived close to them...nice 25' & 28' "World Class" Vs......Jim Cole was an interesting dude. Heard lots of rumors....anyone know the TRUE story with details and timelines.
    Sorry if this is an ancient subject with past threads.
    Just curious!

uLtRADeNniS
    The owner has giving up boat building and is now spending his time researching the airplane/treadmill theory.

new2cats
    Common...somebody's gotta know somethin'!!!
    I think this is an attempt at my first BUMP.....bump

new2cats
    The owner has giving up boat building and is now spending his time researching the airplane/treadmill theory.
    OH....a MythBusters reference.....that helps!

ULTRA26 # 1
    It will be interesting to read what others have to say about Jim. I have heard stories from he got cancer and got out of the business, to he got shot, and that he moved to AZ and retired. I do know that Eliminator had a new Cole 25 for sale last year with a 496 Mag in it, priced at under 70K.
    Jim built great boats. I had a 91 Superhawk with a 454/Bravo.

new2cats
    It will be interesting to read what others have to say about Jim. I have heard stories from he got cancer and got out of the business, to he got shot, and that he moved to AZ and retired. I do know that Eliminator had a new Cole 25 for sale last year with a 496 Mag in it, priced at under 70K.
    Jim built great boats. I had a 91 Superhawk with a 454/Bravo.
    I do know this.....he got shot....he was being protected by some big dudes after the shooting...that is the end of the "good info" I have....a buddy was doing some conduit in the attic of the shop when the shooters came in and popped him (on a Saturday)....would love the whole story...yes, he built a very Howard-quality boat!

ULTRA26 # 1
    I do know this.....he got shot....he was being protected by some big dudes after the shooting...that is the end of the "good info" I have....a buddy was doing some conduit in the attic of the shop when the shooters came in and popped him (on a Saturday)....would love the whole story...yes, he built a very Howard-quality boat!
    Back in the early 90's it was Howard, Hallett and Cole. The Chatsworth shop was a bit of a hole, but he had some beautiful boats in the back.

wedge44
    No Howard builds COLE quality boats, just not as heavy lay-up...

Dribble
    He did get shot. He's out of the boat business. His molds are at a shop in Winchester. They're building some boats there and also laying up some hulls for Martin Marine.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Is Jim still alive?
    Martin as in Casillas(sp)?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast