Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Cole boats???

shippingguy
    He did get shot. He's out of the boat business. His molds are at a shop in Winchester. They're building some boats there and also laying up some hulls for Martin Marine.
    Winchester as in Temecula/Murrieta area? Where is this shop located?

playdeep
    ...Molds were in Havasu for a while,Jeff Clark had them.
    After that it gets REALLY ugly...

Trailer Park Casanova
    If you do a search you can find all kinds of takes.
    I've owned a home across from his (now former) shop.
    Always lots of drama at and with Mr. Cole.
    His retail boats performed well over 70 mph, especially compaired to most (not all) his competition.
    And some of his boats are valued by their condition, not their year. A BFD that says alot about quality.
    Cole is a subject that can really get folks worked up here.
    Many Sunday mornings at the nearby Elks Lodge on Shoenborn, across from Rocketdyne, former Cole Racers, team owners, drivers, mechanics, employees, owners, vendors, friends and enemies have breakfast at the outdoor beer garden and the Cole stories fly.
    LEOS are at the breakfast and their Cole stories, takes and opinions are just as interesting
    It's open to the public.
    Cole, if anything, good or bad, real or exaggerated, is definately a legend in the world of Hot Boats.

OCMerrill
    I love the shooting story. Everybody knows somebody that was there. What, were there 55 people in the shop when he got shot?
    My sister's husbands step father's brother has a cousin....

3 daytona`s
    The owner has giving up boat building and is now spending his time researching the airplane/treadmill theory.
    some of us get a bit confused by you Dennis:idea: A simple question. and a time and place for attempted humor IMO not the Time Or Place. But who knows the humor out here any more

Rvr Swpr
    The owner has giving up boat building and is now spending his time researching the airplane/treadmill theory.
    That could be something "Dumb and Young" would Type.But he has been gone quite awhile.lol

wedge44
    J 540 knows cole real well, worked for him for a while 20 yrs ago, I believe he's still in touch and knows his whereabouts:idea: :idea: :idea:
    Paging J 540.....the biggest dick I know

DeltaSigBoater
    I remember back at the LA Show in '99 Jim was siting at the desk they had set up in towards the back of their display, with (what appeared to be) a cocktail in one hand, and a lit cigarette in the other. Reminded me when I was a kid and smoking inside was still kosher

3 daytona`s
    If you do a search you can find all kinds of takes.
    I've owned a home across from his (now former) shop.
    Always lots of drama at and with Mr. Cole.
    His retail boats performed well over 70 mph, especially compaired to most (not all) his competition.
    And some of his boats are valued by their condition, not their year. A BFD that says alot about quality.
    Cole is a subject that can really get folks worked up here.
    Every Sunday morning at the Elk Lodge on Shoenborn, across from Rocketdyne, former Cole Racers, team owners, drivers, mechanics, employees, owners, vendors, friends and enemies have breakfast and the Cole stories fly.
    LEOS are at the breakfast and their Cole stories, takes and opinions are just as interesting
    It's open to the public.
    Cole, if anything, good or bad, real or exaggerated, is definately a legend in the world of Hot Boats.

HM
    Is it possible that you could be a bigger dick?
    I think it is "That time of month" for 3 daytona's.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast