Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Cole boats???

Kilrtoy
    I love the shooting story. Everybody knows somebody that was there. What, were there 55 people in the shop when he got shot?
    I was there moments after he was shot...
    You rang BOB....

SOCALDETAIL1
    I ran into him at a yacht sales office in Huntington Beach a few years back, He gave me a few words of advice he told me "Son start offering gel repair in your detailing business thats where the money's at" Nice guy gave me one of his old business cards and limped off.

uLtRADeNniS
    I think it is "That time of month" for 3 daytona's.
    Thanks.. a good laugh is always good before bed.
    Goodnight!

steveo143
    Jim Shubert is still building motors in the valley. He recently built the motor in Frankie's BAH "Red Baron" and a fuel motor for Andy Herberts' BFH "Reinin Thunder". PM me if you want to get in touch with Jim.

Dribble
    Winchester as in Temecula/Murrieta area? Where is this shop located?
    He advertises on Craigslist as Crusader boats and does other custom work also. I know that Martin Marine said he can build a Cole boat with a Cole Hull ID. Jim Cole gets a piece of every boat built.

ColeTR2
    It was not Cole's Family boats that put him on the map. It was his Drag Boats.
    Read this Tread it has some info (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105330)

Keith E. Sayre
    New 2 Cats: Call me when you have a minute.
    Work number is 928-680-7600

justfloatn
    The little I know about him is from articles and the drags. His flats, runners and hydros are some of the best and still most sought(sp) after hulls. If ***boat Mag. is correct he was the first to produce a out of the box 100MPH I/O V-hull and pioneered some of the gel coat colors and techniques used.
    IMO. It's too bad he was not a better business man. He is an awesom boat builder and could be up there with Eliminator and some others today.

ChumpChange
    There is a Cole thread about once a year. It will get deleted at some point.

OCMerrill
    There is a Cole thread about once a year. It will get deleted at some point.
    SPOT ON.
    Right now this thread is mild. If it goes left just a little it will disapear.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast