Thread: HELP! Question on Trans in a V-drive

Blueoval
    I have a Hallett 19'ss, doing a restore on her and want too install a trans.
    Questions, what needs to be done to the trans?
    1.) Remove torque converter?
    2.) Does the shaft need to be longer (1/2 plate between trans and engine) engine mount
    3.) the engine will be a 588 blown BBF, does anyone know about C-6 transmissions?
    I have no idea on the transmissions in boats, I see turbo 400 all the time, so somebody's knows what needs to be done???:idea:
    Any help would be great!!
    thanks

Unchained
    I have a Hallett 19'ss, doing a restore on her and want too install a trans.
    Questions, what needs to be done to the trans?
    1.) Remove torque converter?
    2.) Does the shaft need to be longer (1/2 plate between trans and engine) engine mount
    3.) the engine will be a 588 blown BBF, does anyone know about C-6 transmissions?
    I have no idea on the transmissions in boats, I see turbo 400 all the time, so somebody's knows what needs to be done???:idea:
    Any help would be great!!
    thanks
    I have a left over C6 trans from my boat complete with the coupler. $300. and it's yours.
    The mounting plates went with the engine but I may be able to get those back too.
    I've run a trans in my boat since I got it. I would not own a v drive without a trans. Depending on the hp level the trans may need to be beefed up.
    mark55@hughes.net

Blueoval
    I have a left over C6 trans from my boat complete with the coupler. $300. and it's yours.
    The mounting plates went with the engine but I may be able to get those back too.
    I've run a trans in my boat since I got it. I would not own a v drive without a trans. Depending on the hp level the trans may need to be beefed up.
    mark55@hughes.net
    AH!!! That great!!
    I have the engine mounts so that's no problem, I just moved to Michigan, living in Garden City. I work for Ford motor company. I see your in michigan, give me directions and I'll be your way soon!!!
    Thanks again.