Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool table?

soupersonic
    http://www.worldofleisuremfg.com/tab...le=SAN+ANTONIO
    This is the table i have. 4 x 8 only because a 9' er wouldnt fit. It was about $1400 delivered and set up with all the accessories. It plays very well.
    You should be able to go to any local table manufacturer and find a similar deal. Slate is slate but the cloth and the rails make the table. Dont spend money on high end wood like maple or w/e just get oak and have them stain it the color you want. Oak reacts better with the rubber rail.

prosthogod
    I have a triple slate full size, ~100yrs old that needs to be restored and put together. great project. I would let go for ~600$

Cheap Thrills
    That's one of the big problems with all this China crap. You know how many people will buy that stuff and it will play like crap and then fall apart in two years only for them to replace it with the next crappy model up. By the time they buy two or three tables they could have bought a quality American made table that will outlast them.
    I was just pointing out that they carry more than the kiddy tables. I agree they are Crapola. I was just surprised they carried so many. I agree with the Brunswick suggestion. most of the bar/pool hall tables I've played on were Brunswick. If they can stand up to years of slobbering drunks falling on them and the weekly bar room brawl then they should definitely withstand a lifetime or two of home use.
    T.

halfhers
    hello HB peeps, i know i should have put this in spam but i wasn't going to.
    i have a pooltable for sale made from soild oak (no MDF) legs are eagle claw. custom made. i need to make room for my theater room, i'm selling for $1200.00 includes eight/nine ball rack also i'm throwing in two bar stools i paid over $3000.00. if interested IM me. thanks....

RiverDave
    Paging RiverDave!!!!!!
    Oh well wait for Riverdave. He will say buy a used Brunswick Gold Crown. Even though it will look like $hit it will be the best table you every played on.
    You think a Gold Crown looks like shit? You got issues mang!!
    As others have suggested, take a look at Diamond, Brunswick, Olhauesen, World of Leisure, Murrey, Artisan, etc.. If your looking more for a players table.
    If your looking for a peace of furniture that happens to double as a pool table, then it's more a matter of taste then playabillity.
    As far as the playabillity of a table though, Diamond Pro and a Gold Crown are pretty much the nuts.
    I know nothing about them, just happened to stumble upon it the other day when I was looking for something else, but these people seem to have some nice looking tables in your budget.
    http://billiardex.com/pool_table_gal...WID=2707358513
    RD

RiverDave
    Vitalie (http://www.vitalie-manufacturing.com/) The best hand crafted table you will ever play on. Of course I'm a little biased since they're just down the road from me. But I don't think they have anything for 2k
    You can usually pick up a used 7' bar table pretty cheap I've seen several nice one for 1k.
    T.
    Nice looking tables for sure!!
    I prefer Spider Professional tables and Gorina cloth, but you'll lay down some coin. You get what you pay for
    Spider Table? Never heard of it.
    RD

DeltaSigBoater
    The worst part about spending several thousand dollars on a new pool table is when you go to get rid of it for whatever reason, you almost have to give it away. The one we had cost $5000 +/- in '94, 9' Solid Oak, 1.75" slate, mother of pearl dot sights, leather pockets. Sold it back in '03 for $900. I really wanted to keep it but I was in school at the time and didnt want it to get destroyed.
    My point is that if you start looking in the PennySaver, Newpaper Classifids, Craigslist etc. you'll find a qoog quality one without paying through the nose.

Music to my Ears
    The worst part about spending several thousand dollars on a new pool table is when you go to get rid of it for whatever reason, you almost have to give it away. The one we had cost $5000 +/- in '94, 9' Solid Oak, 1.75" slate, mother of pearl dot sights, leather pockets. Sold it back in '03 for $900. I really wanted to keep it but I was in school at the time and didnt want it to get destroyed.
    My point is that if you start looking in the PennySaver, Newpaper Classifids, Craigslist etc. you'll find a qoog quality one without paying through the nose.
    Just make sure you have a very good installer put it together for you. IMO, that's just about as important as the table itself.

Some Kind Of Monster
    Maybe you didn't read my first post where I was talking about Brunswick, Olhausens, and Imperial's. Nice tables in his price range and not some import or even worse something with particle board for a playing surface instead of slate. You guys are talking about tables that you have to take a second and third mortgage out on the house for and do they really play better than a Brunswick or Olhausen or do they just have all kinds of fancy wood and stuff.
    Hmmm, Here is a pic of the world champion Roberto Rojas playing on our Elite Spider table. It's a Carom table, but they make nice pocket tables too. No fancy crap, just 100% professional pool tables
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...1&d=1196282292

Some Kind Of Monster
    Nice looking tables for sure!!
    Spider Table? Never heard of it.
    RD
    Sorry, they are made by Elite. I should have specified that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast