Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's some reading material. . .

This posted on another board. . .
    http://www.boatstoreonline.com/procomp.html

IMPATIENT 1
    This posted on another board. . .
    http://www.boatstoreonline.com/procomp.html
    that's a good read, i'm gonna have mine flowed, see what they're actually doin, if it as far off as the sbc, they'll go on ebay. they ran really good on my blown 475 but a blower will make any head flow good:idea:

IMPATIENT 1
    chris, i found a local machine shop with a 2yr old superflow bench, 75 bucks to flow em. i'm having 1 of our porters here at the shop drop them off tommorrow and pick em up next week. let's see what they actually do, i'm curious.

Sleeper CP
    Wow; Pro-Junk
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

IMPATIENT 1
    Wow; Pro-Junk
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    we'll see next wk won't we i had a very good race machine shop check the heads when i got them, they said the seats on mine were install very straight, plug holes were right etc. i never knew i had access to a superflow bench in my area or i'd already know the numbers on these. stayed tuned for procomp bbc alum 320cc head flow numbers, THE REAL 1'S

justfloatn
    good info.
    I also found it interesting that the Brodex heads for $2,000.00 only added 15HP at the peak HP of 5100RPM for the Stock GM head and 26HP at 5300 where the stock head falls off. I wish the pull went further into the 6K RPM range to see the difference. But for this set-up I would just run the stock heads and save the $$$$

IMPATIENT 1
    good info.
    I also found it interesting that the Brodex heads for $2,000.00 only added 15HP at the peak HP of 5100RPM for the Stock GM head and 26HP at 5300 where the stock head falls off. I wish the pull went further into the 6K RPM range to see the difference. But for this set-up I would just run the stock heads and save the $$$$
    that link is too small block heads, i've got a set of the big block heads, they go to be flowed tommorrow the results will get posted here.

cfm
    Thanks for the link Chris.
    Pretty entertaining.
    I do not know the company doing the testing, so I will take that with a slight grain of salt.
    However, I still stand my ground that Pro-Fraud is just that.
    =======================
    Also, just to throw this out every once in a while, making good CFM numbers is a lot easier than making good power #'s.
    Anyone look at Brodix's cfm #'s and wonder why so many big power makers use Brodix heads ? There CFM numbers look frightening low compared to most other companies. Doesn't make sense on paper huh ?
    Way to much emphasis on flow #'s now a days. So much so that I fall victim to it also. Go look at Reher Morrison's site www.rehermorrison.com and read the articles. Flow is #7 or so on their list for making power.

cfm
    good info.
    No, the $2k was for special valvetrain parts they wanted to use.
    The Brodix IK180's start out at around $1050 or so retail.
    Modified Vortecs (to handle cam over .460 lift, use guide plates, and etc) will run you near $900.
    The Pro-Fraud's are cheaper of course.
    Make it cheaper and make big claims ! That's how Pro-Fraud and others do it !
    How could you NOT want them ?

The playing field will be becoming more level. China is having new tax laws coming out at the first of the year. Compound this with the lower dollar and cost of fuel items from China will be going up around 25% over the next 6 months. This will make it easier for us little guys and the big guys to compete with imported product. Just 4 to 5 months ago I had a 30% increase from Torrington on bearings for roller cam buttons. I could have went with the Chines bearing that was less then half the cost of the Torringtons. . . .I didn't. I bought the Torringtons.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast