Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Here's some reading material. . .

The guy sure came out of nowhere and instantly went after Foxwell. Weird.
    Rickyracer477, please introduce yourself.

Warp Speed
    Sounds like he works for RM and didn't like the "so far I'm not impressed" comment!?!
    Warp Speed

cfm
    Here's my 02 - from reading/not listening or seeing.
    Racer477 seems to have big respect for Reher-Morrison, which we should all have. The brains behind this organization is pretty much as good as it gets.
    "Based" does not mean exactly. Valvetrain, port shapes, exhaust etc,etc are probably different. Do you think they'll drop a 1/4 mile terror in a Bonneville car ? Probably not. Anyone ever listen or read Darrin Morgan's stuff ? If you haven't...you have no idea of what this company does/knows/ and follows thru with. Even if you do, you'll still never grasp what/why/how.
    RM is no bullshit company.
    BTW: I laugh at the thought that RM would be on this website. No freakin way. Do you think Warren Johnson (not related to RM) would come on here ?
    Come on.

GAWnCA
    How fast is 273-100 mph?
    Old Math would tell me that it's 173 mph.

Warp Speed
    BTW: I laugh at the thought that RM would be on this website. No freakin way. Do you think Warren Johnson (not related to RM) would come on here ?
    Come on.
    No dissrespect was meant at all to the boy's at RM and I appologize if anyone took my little observation as such. We know them very well and usualy see David (sorry) through our shop once every year or so. Not quite as often since Randy passed as they were very close. Very knowledgable folks, and great people too!
    I was more refering to the possibilty of one of their employees (or vendors), similar to the situation that was brought up a few years ago on here when 1000hp on pump gas was deamed impossible (and called BS) by someone "in the know".
    None of us know everthing, but some seem to think so.
    Due to the rapidly advancing technology in materials, machining, manufacturing, testing ect.. Things that where impossible 10 years ago are now common place, especialy in the ever evolving world of motorsports.
    As soon as your done learning, your usualy done winning!! :idea:
    Warp Speed

I guess some of those blown nitro deals at Bonneville are based on Austin Coils stuff

Actually Darren Morgan has posted on ***boat in the past, havent seen WJ yet though.
    Come on.

cfm
    Warpspeed - thanks for mentioning that ! I now understand the position in which it was said.
    CS19 - thanks for that info. Proves I'm usually more wrong than right. LOL.
    ==========================
    I apologize for getting a little heated for I read into some things different from how they where typed/conveyed.
    I'm a big fan of a few pro shops that I believe are head and shoulders over most other fine establishments and RM is on top of that list. So, I will say something back if I think there is something negative or misunderstood.
    ==========================
    This one dimensional world we call the internet can be a tough one sometimes. Doh.
    Okay, back to the scheduled program which was..........Pro-Comp, was it not.

Sleeper CP
    Is this just a pissing contest or what: :eat: :boxingguy
    "CONGRATULATIONS!'
    ROBERT MOORE
    TOP SPEED - 273.100 M.P.H.!!!
    QUOTE]
    It does read 273.100 not 273-100 Timing lights to the 1/1000th
    Here's my 02 - from reading/not listening or seeing.
    Racer477 seems to have big respect for Reher-Morrison, which we should all have. The brains behind this organization is pretty much as good as it gets.
    "Based" does not mean exactly. Valvetrain, port shapes, exhaust etc,etc are probably different. Do you think they'll drop a 1/4 mile terror in a Bonneville car ? Probably not. Anyone ever listen or read Darrin Morgan's stuff ? If you haven't...you have no idea of what this company does/knows/ and follows thru with. Even if you do, you'll still never grasp what/why/how.
    The reasoning behind my quote below:
    [QUOTE=gn7;2926568] There is a a slightly better that zero chance that an RM engine would be worth a flying chit on the salt.
    LOL
    (I'm pretty sure this means drag race spec engine)
    Sleeper CP
    I'm sure the guys at RM can,have and will build engines that can do what ever is ordered. I don't think anyone would buy RM drag spec engine and drop it in a "salt" car. But if you took one of their engines and changed the cam and oil pan it could probably live in a "salt" car for quite a few years. :idea:
    Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
    [
    As soon as your done learning, your usualy done winning!! :idea:
    Warp Speed
    If that isn't the truth:idea:
    Warp, how far do you live from Moorseville ? (sp)
    And how about that Jimmie Johnson, did you read my post about the awards
    dinner?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover