Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Here's some reading material. . .

Warp Speed
    About 30 minutes South of Moorseville depending on traffic.
    How 'bout that Jimmie Johnson!!!!!
    No, I missed your post on the awards dinner. What's it under?
    Warp Speed

Sleeper CP
    About 30 minutes South of Moorseville depending on traffic.
    How 'bout that Jimmie Johnson!!!!!
    No, I missed your post on the awards dinner. What's it under?
    Warp Speed
    Just Jets "Ford" thread post # 48. I Bumped the thread.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

bp
    No dissrespect was meant at all to the boy's at RM and I appologize if anyone took my little observation as such. We know them very well and usualy see David (sorry) through our shop once every year or so. Not quite as often since Randy passed as they were very close. Very knowledgable folks, and great people too!
    I was more refering to the possibilty of one of their employees (or vendors), similar to the situation that was brought up a few years ago on here when 1000hp on pump gas was deamed impossible (and called BS) by someone "in the know".
    None of us know everthing, but some seem to think so.
    Due to the rapidly advancing technology in materials, machining, manufacturing, testing ect.. Things that where impossible 10 years ago are now common place, especialy in the ever evolving world of motorsports.
    As soon as your done learning, your usualy done winning!!! :idea:
    Warp Speed
    exactly right.
    your profile has a "join date" in 2006, but the discussion you're referencing happened a lot longer ago than that, and probably had a few posts in it myself. i remember it well, since i happened to be in the area and spent the day at the dyno for that particular deal.
    seems to me that technology has not only advanced through what you mentioned, but also through benchmarking and incoporating concepts/ideas from other racing formats.

bp
    Actually Darren Morgan has posted on ***boat in the past, havent seen WJ yet though.
    yes he did. of course, he's not with rm anymore...

The reasoning behind my quote below:
    I'm sure the guys at RM can,have and will build engines that can do what ever is ordered. I don't think anyone would buy RM drag spec engine and drop it in a "salt" car. But if you took one of their engines and changed the cam and oil pan it could probably live in a "salt" car for quite a few years. :idea:
    Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    exactly

Racer477
    The guy sure came out of nowhere and instantly went after Foxwell. Weird.
    Rickyracer477, please introduce yourself.
    No this is not Ricky Bobby.
    I have previously been a member here, although the last year or so only a 'guest' as I couldn't recall my login/email address I used for this site.
    Please read post 87 and 94 I don't believe I went after steelcomp, I beleive I was asking a couple of pertinent enquires, how do you develop an engine for Bonneville?
    Is there a dyno available at the same atmospheric conditions? We all know trying to correct (dyno results) for real altitude is a waste of time, so how do you realistically test for those conditions?
    That was were I was heading.
    My comments about a 'Straub' cam, well, how many people here have done a back to back test?
    So as I have done that is it not reasonable to add my opinion?
    Steve

Racer477
    Sounds like he works for RM and didn't like the "so far I'm not impressed" comment!?!
    Warp Speed
    No I do not work for RM.
    I run a RM engine.
    I have visited there facility and have done there engine course.
    I also get most of my parts through them.
    I get no discounts or freebies.
    I find it hard when people presume they know things and do not check there facts, I beleive we are all guilty of this at times.

steelcomp
    No this is not Ricky Bobby.
    I have previously been a member here, although the last year or so only a 'guest' as I couldn't recall my login/email address I used for this site.
    Please read post 87 and 94 I don't believe I went after steelcomp, I beleive I was asking a couple of pertinent enquires, how do you develop an engine for Bonneville?
    Is there a dyno available at the same atmospheric conditions? We all know trying to correct (dyno results) for real altitude is a waste of time, so how do you realistically test for those conditions?
    That was were I was heading.
    My comments about a 'Straub' cam, well, how many people here have done a back to back test?
    So as I have done that is it not reasonable to add my opinion?
    SteveSteve,
    There was a definate sarcastic intent behind your posts. The questions -in context- were not "pertinant". You haven't posted anywhere else on this site, just here, and just on this topic, which wasn't even the topic of the thread (and I'm not sure how we even got here). I've been on here long enough, and started enough trouble of my own (Lord knows ) to know good and well when someone is truely trying to add something pertinant to a thread or subject, or just trying to start something. It's pretty obvious what your intent was, especially after some of your last insulting comments.
    Like I said, if you want to talk, just give me a call. I'd be glad to tell you anything I can about our project, or me, or whatever it is that's bothering you.
    Finally, if you want to criticize or pick apart the engine program we have, I can give you the engine builders' numbers and you can take it up with them. Like I said before, it's not my deal. I don't know you or what you've done, but there are two very successful and knowledgable engine builders behind this project (with a collective 50+ years at Bonneville, and dozens of records) and I'm not sure there would be much you could add. Not sure there wouldn't be, but most likely not.

steelcomp
    yes he did. of course, he's not with rm anymore...Nope...head of R&D at Profiler now. Decided NASCAR wasn't for him after RM.
    Just as a side note, I've emailed Darin about this project and he was kind enough to give me his cell no. Considering how busy he must be, I thought that was very cool of him.
    Darin is as sharp as they get, and his contributions to the advancement of engine development and technology are IMO unparalleled. I'm a huge fan and read as much of his writings as I can. Lot to learn there, most of it over my head, but I try. :cry:
    What I do understand, I try and pass on.

steelcomp
    No dissrespect was meant at all to the boy's at RM and I appologize if anyone took my little observation as such. We know them very well and usualy see David (sorry) through our shop once every year or so. Not quite as often since Randy passed as they were very close. Very knowledgable folks, and great people too!
    I was more refering to the possibilty of one of their employees (or vendors), similar to the situation that was brought up a few years ago on here when 1000hp on pump gas was deamed impossible (and called BS) by someone "in the know".
    None of us know everthing, but some seem to think so.
    Due to the rapidly advancing technology in materials, machining, manufacturing, testing ect.. Things that where impossible 10 years ago are now common place, especialy in the ever evolving world of motorsports.
    As soon as your done learning, your usualy done winning!! :idea:
    Warp Speed I can only imagine what an inside look where you are would bring. Talk about advancement!! :idea: