Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last run of the year...

Ken F
    Got to take mine out this evening right before dark! Made 3 good hard passes with the Data-Acquisition System on to get some numbers.
    It was an absoutly beautiful eveing on Tablerock, 71 degrees with about a 10 mph headwind and 4-6" chop. Made the first run into the wind, second downwind, and a third into the wind. Ol boat was loving the chop & headwind!
    It was really packing air good, and runnin faster than it ever has!
    After reading the data, it ran 8-10 mph faster than my best pass all year.
    That new Hi-Helix impeller is something else!!!
    Tomorrow temps are supposed to drop into the 40's during the day, and 20's at night. Damn...time to winterize her.
    Ken F

jet454boat
    wat speed does she run?

Jet Hydro
    whats a Hi-Helix impeller :idea: You been to Duanes again?

Ken F
    LOL...yep sure have Steve. Been living down there for the last 3-4 months doing all the expansion/remodeling on the new building in Shell Knob. Duane has sponsored me this past summer in my first season of racing.
    You dunno about the new Hi-Helix?
    Ken

Which hi-helix are you using? I hear AMT makes a high helix now.
    Did you pick up or loose any rpm when you changed impellers?

Rondane
    You dunno about the new Hi-Helix?
    Ken
    Enlighten us mr. PR!! If this isn't spam i dont know what is.
    rondane

Jet Hydro
    Yea, I know about it as I seen it starting out about 3 years a go. I`ve never tried it but have heard some first hand info from a race out west. I haven't been racing the boat this season with my oldest girl getting sick so I haven't seen it on the track myself. Once she gets stable ((if it doesn't sale first)) I`m sure we will return to boat racing and I`ll know more about it. I was just giving you a little jab

Ken ,just curious re HP ,rpm and "cut" of the HH and how it affected your rpms vs what/whos (impeller) you had prior Thanks Tom
    ps inducer too?

Ken F
    Okay for a little history. Sorry for taking so long to reply, sometimes work just gets in the way of boating! lol
    Last spring, my engine dynoed @ 710 hp on 93 octane with 10.5/1 .
    Sometime after the first race, the engine started to go away. According to data gathered over the summers racing we are guessing that it is about 550-600 hp now.
    The first race, I was able to turn a stock form Agressor B 59-6100 rpm, and the top speed on the clocks was 96.77 with a 11.066 ET.
    Since then because of engine issues, I’d been running around 5700 rpm in the mid 80’s.
    At this point, we found a problem with the Aggressor impeller, (cracked vein at the outer edge), and decided to TRY the Hi-Helix. I didn''t want to take a chance running the Agressor any longer for fear it would come apart. We ended up having to cut the Hi-Helix down to what would be shown as a "D" cut on the Berkly chart to get the same rpm desired. With the impeller in "raw" form as it came from AT, (only cut to a D), the boat would turn it 6-6100 rpm. Top speed dropped off 8-10 mph, but ET remained about the same.
    The hole shot is astounding as evidenced by this video from Smokin in the cove:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0rQoVa6fkY
    I was running the 9 second class and ran a 9.08@83.17 The guy I was racing ran 93.17mph at 8.49 ET trying to run me down.
    Since Smokin in the cove, Duane has "massaged" the impeller. This has increased the top speed by 8-10 mph, at basically the to 50 more RPM, but ET is unknown until next spring when we get it back on the track again. Hopefully at Popular Bluff.
    Tom, I'm not positive on #'s as I was using Duanes Data Aqusition system most of the summer at the races and didn't bother to keep real close track of numbers and relied on the computer to keep track of things for me. He has each race from this summer on computer, so if you want give him a call, he'd be happy to share anything with you, and yes I do have an inducer.

Ken F
    From RonJanes sig line
    They wouldnt as to why KIWI THUNDER got screwed over by getting scammed into buying parts AGAIN for an already BRAND NEW berkeley "factory race" pump that clearly wasnt needed by a "reputable" con artist. Hitek vasalene? I'll exchange it for common sense.
    Kiwi Thunder must have really enjoyed intercourse with Duane as HTP is getting ready to ship him a new boat next month! LOL

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast