Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pics of my barge project.....maybe

david_396
    feel ya. I made it through the Summer to the day and then the motor left right on schedule. Everything is now out and the boxes are slowly coming on the big brown truck.
    Best of luck on your project. This is my '75 Hallett 21 with the carpet pulled. Poor dumpster...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...3&d=1196567320

sawtooth
    I feel ya. I made it through the Summer to the day and then the motor left right on schedule. Everything is now out and the boxes are slowly coming on the big brown truck.
    Best of luck on your project. This is my '75 Hallett 21 with the carpet pulled. Poor dumpster...
    But your one up on me Icarus yours is already set up for a V drive, mine has a giant drain plug hole in the back that I have to deal with . Right back at you with the good luck on your project, do you think you will have it done for summer of 08.

sawtooth
    I hope you keep posting pictures of this project....
    Hey Dan I will keep up with pic's as I make progress.......I got to give you guys something to shake your heads at this winter:jawdrop:

Icarus prospector
    Right back at you with the good luck on your project, do you think you will have it done for summer of 08.
    Thanks!
    Well, that's the goal, finances and weather permitting. Yeah, I lucked out in that it's a V drive, though I would have bought your project in a second. I mean c'mon, A Schiada??!
    I've been a fan of cruisers since I started with an 70-something 21' Eliminator V drive twin step in the mid 80's and a 70-something Eliminator jet after that. Both were basket cases that I was sure I could get running again and look as good as anything in the Reader Rides section. You'd think I'd know better...
    My grief now is the thought of lining up the larger C500 with the shaft and then getting the rails for the 454/T400 all happy. The 455 and Velvet Drive were just through bolted at the stringers, but I thought I'd add a little flair and go with rails. Know better...
    And then there's the fixed plates. :idea:

BILLY.B
    Hey "Sawtooth". This sure looks a mighty big project. Have you ever worked on boats before?. If so I might be in the market for a guy like you to hire. You seem to be very thorough and don't mind digging in to a project. We don't do alot of cruisers, not to say we won't, but we mostly do flattys. Have you ever worked on these style of boats?. Good luck on your project and keep us posted. Don't have to much fun .

sawtooth
    Hey "Sawtooth". This sure looks a mighty big project. Have you ever worked on boats before?. If so I might be in the market for a guy like you to hire. You seem to be very thorough and don't mind digging in to a project. We don't do alot of cruisers, not to say we won't, but we mostly do flattys. Have you ever worked on these style of boats?. Good luck on your project and keep us posted. Don't have to much fun .
    Dear Billy V, Thank you for the job offer I will make an appt. to stop by and fill out a job app. and interview. I have been a trained roller skate tech. for the last 3 yrs. and just last month I was promoted to lead tech of the scooter dept. I have no training on boat work but with the hand tools I have how hard could it be. You mention you work on "flattys", what is this? My current project has a small slope to the bottom but with a little work and a 4" sanding block I should be able to make it what you call a "flatty". Will this make it much faster, I am looking to break into the 40 mph range.....wish me luck!
    Oh and don't worry about my safety I was able to pick up a skateing helmet and elbow pads for cost.....I just wish they had a color other than pink, oh well nobody should notice when they see how fast I can go.
    Thanks again for the job offer, I will be able to work everyday. I can start at 9:30ish and work until 2:00ish except wednesdays oh and every third friday and I am not sure yet but I might have to have mondays and tuesdays off. Do you offer a 401K plan, how about 3-4 weeks paid vacation and full medical/dental plans, and I will need a company car and cell phone. If I start in two weeks how much will my Christmas bouns be. Can't wait to start the new job, it's cool if I bring my project to work on at your business/shop....after hours of course.

BILLY.B
    Dear Billy V,
    Thanks again for the job offer, I will be able to work everyday. I can start at 9:30ish and work until 2:00ish except wednesdays oh and every third friday and I am not sure yet but I might have to have mondays and tuesdays off. Do you offer a 401K plan, how about 3-4 weeks paid vacation and full medical/dental plans, and I will need a company car and cell phone. If I start in two weeks how much will my Christmas bouns be. Can't wait to start the new job, it's cool if I bring my project to work on at your business/shop....after hours of course.The highlighted areas i'm use to with current workers . As far as 401K/ medical & dental/ paid vacation.....Yeah when there's world peace i'll add that to your already over priced "Price Tag". And you can leave your "Current" project at home. The shop just got tented and I do not need any reoccurence's of temites.:jawdrop:...Take care Garth.

The highlighted areas i'm use to with current workers . As far as 401K/ medical & dental/ paid vacation.....Yeah when there's world peace i'll add that to your already over priced "Price Tag". And you can leave your "Current" project at home. The shop just got tented and I do not need any reoccurence's of temites.:jawdrop:...Take care Garth.
    Cant sleep tonite chiefy?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234