Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GN rules question?

yeah, so it's not in there, NO! you can't run your 6/71 or your 4/71 any speed you want. I believe the number that was settlled on is 1.12 but don't hold me to it/ You really need to come to more meetings

GofastRacer
    Art, I was drinking pretty heavily at the finals, all I remember is your wife saying you are getting a blower even if she has to go get a 3rd job to pay for it! You told me I could'nt use a PSI, at least not the screw type but that's about it, I cant find your Ph# or Bills to refresh my memory so thanks for getting all smart alicky about it! dont you have someones boat you need to be working on!
    Third job yeah right, LOL, Open your eyes last I heard my # was at the top of the list not the bottom, LOL. Check your PM's I sent it to ya AGAIN!...
    BTW, I don't work on boats I don't know how!..

I did not realize the blower overdrive ratios were so limited in GN. :idea:

GofastRacer
    yeah, so it's not in there, NO! you can't run your 6/71 or your 4/71 any speed you want. I believe the number that was settlled on is 1.12 but don't hold me to it/ You really need to come to more meetings
    Not trying to start any shit here, but shouldn't it be put in writing??? not everyone can attend the meetings. The way I read it now it's wide open???. Just looking at it as a newbie trying to go by the rules!...

Nailhead
    I see that from 10-71 on up to the 14-71 are all under driven. the 8-71 is just over 1to1. Am I reading this wrong? I have noticed that most all the GN boats runnning today don't have anything bigger than an 8-71.

VDRIVERACING
    Dang, and I traded my 6-71 out 2 years ago!
    Unlike a tractor pull, there are sooo many things beyond power that need to go right in this class. I guess some talent would help...

VDRIVERACING
    I'm in the process of building a motor for my GN, can someone point me in the right direction for c.i. restrictions, blower size restrictions what have you! I started putting the parts together for a motor and everything I'm planning is supposedly too big! Thanks, Matt
    Ignore what these guys are saying... 350 CI max, 2 BBL carb, unleaded regular. You'll do fine.

2manymustangs
    Ignore what these guys are saying... 350 CI max, 2 BBL carb, unleaded regular. You'll do fine.
    HA, check with Maximus, his crew seems to have a pretty good handle on things. Is there a restriction for how tall your blower hat can be??? :2purples:

superdave013
    Dang, and I traded my 6-71 out 2 years ago!
    Unlike a tractor pull, there are sooo many things beyond power that need to go right in this class. I guess some talent would help...
    Just think how much talent you would need if the class rules were still pretty much unlimmited other then fuel.
    I miss seeing the wacky turbo stuff the Hobans came up with. The Hemi stuff that Peter Guy did with the early quad rotor set ups. ect, ect.
    Don't get me worng, still my fav class out of all the roundy rounds.

MAXIMUS
    Just think how much talent you would need if the class rules were still pretty much unlimmited other then fuel.
    I miss seeing the wacky turbo stuff the Hobans came up with. The Hemi stuff that Peter Guy did with the early quad rotor set ups. ect, ect.
    Don't get me worng, still my fav class out of all the roundy rounds.
    Would be kinda neat to take our current set up & try it against the unlimited style boats...:idea:
    We are switching our super charger set up to a twin 1471 set up on a 45* angle. Also be running dual extended carbon fiber hats from my buddy Rick's top fuel car... That should kick the boost up a notch! If its too much then we will run a 6/71 unlimited & a 14 per rules... :devil: At least for one race we can dominate! :220v:
    I hear Gn7 using 100 lbs of NOS!:devil:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast