Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-test for Refinery operator

85CARRIBEAN
    Any refinery operators on ***boat.COM? I will be ask to take a general basic test which includes some math, comprehension, and maybe science i'm assuming?
    Has anyone taken a test like this. I here it's similar to when you apply for a fire fighter position. I would also like to know, what kind of book, or study guide in particular to buy in for preperation for the test. I have never taken a test like this, and would be embarrased to fail something. So, some study materials and info. would help please. Thanks.

which refinery?

LuckyStrike
    Yes ...What Do you want to know ?? What Type Of Refinery Bitumen/LP/Heavy..??? Storage at these locations..???
    What Company.? I might be able to help
    Any refinery operators on ***boat.COM? I will be ask to take a general basic test which includes some math, comprehension, and maybe science i'm assuming?
    Has anyone taken a test like this. I here it's similar to when you apply for a fire fighter position. I would also like to know, what kind of book, or study guide in particular to buy in for preperation for the test. I have never taken a test like this, and would be embarrased to fail something. So, some study materials and info. would help please. Thanks.

85CARRIBEAN
    At Chevron refinery in El Segundo, CA.
    My buddy emailed me the website based on info. for refinery operator. That's the only information I know as of now. Resume was sent, got an invite to test on the 6th. of dec. Need to start studying some sort of material.

Old Texan
    If it's anything like a test for "Operators" in a chemical / refinery here in TX, it's mostly a mental deal to see if you have the proper temperment to spend long hours watching gauges and such. It's all psychological so there's no realy right or wrong answers, at least on the test I was given.
    I took one years ago for BASF Corp. and the results said I needed challenging things to do and basically would go nuts sitting around in such a regimented environment.

I would srub up on some math and mechanical skills,there is some books called basic refinery skills maybe do a search for them. They have made it much harder lately, had a few freinds that got hired there and there not rocket scientists.Pretty much you will get math,mech,comp,and some refinery skills.I think that is your halfway decent at these skills you have nothing to worry about.If you do pass it make sure you talk about safety,enviroment and team work in your interview.

85CARRIBEAN
    I'll do a search, and head down to Barnes and Noble today after work.

call 1-800-848-1747 they write the learning books.If not i may be able to get you a few.Talked to a few guys and i guess memorization with some general math was the bigest part of the test.

justfloatn
    A long time ago (12yrs) I took one for PG&E. Not the same business but could be the same type of test. It was a joke. Addition, subtraction, fractions. Not even one basic algebra or trig question. I think they just wanted to weed out the complete idiots.

gramps
    Try getting in touch with the union that covers that refinery. Should be the OCAW, Oil Chemical & Atomic workers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast