Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-test for Refinery operator

Try getting in touch with the union that covers that refinery. Should be the OCAW, Oil Chemical & Atomic workers.
    close but it called the steelworkers union in carson.

dodgerfan2007
    Chevron refinery is covered under PACE (Paper, Allied-Industrial, Chemical and Energy union) . I should know, I work there
    thanks for playing

Chevron refinery is covered under PACE (Paper, Allied-Industrial, Chemical and Energy union) . I should know, I work there
    thanks for playing
    may want to put down the crack pipe and hit the hall.

ChumpChange
    Try getting in touch with the union that covers that refinery. Should be the OCAW, Oil Chemical & Atomic workers.
    close but it called the steelworkers union in carson.
    thanks for playing
    Now that was fun to read.

dodgerfan2007
    The first test usually consist of I believe four parts. Math, comprehension, mechanical aptitude, and basic chemistry.
    The math is basic math up to if I remember maybe some algebra.
    Comp is reading a paragraph and then answering questions about what you just read.
    Mech app is usually pictures, like a couple of pulleys, showing which way they turn and then asking how the last one would turn. Lifting a box with a rope over a pulley different ways and which would be easier. Various size gears turning, which is faster.....that sort of stuff.
    And then the chem is basic stuff like, what gas is in the blimp, bleach is it a acid or base, what type of heat does the sun give off, etc.
    all are mostly multiple choice, I have a friend trying to get in also, and looking for some info myself. that is mostly what I remember about it though.
    should be able to find basic test prep info on those subjects though.
    Good luck

85CARRIBEAN
    The first test usually consist of I believe four parts. Math, comprehension, mechanical aptitude, and basic chemistry.
    The math is basic math up to if I remember maybe some algebra.
    Comp is reading a paragraph and then answering questions about what you just read.
    Mech app is usually pictures, like a couple of pulleys, showing which way they turn and then asking how the last one would turn. Lifting a box with a rope over a pulley different ways and which would be easier. Various size gears turning, which is faster.....that sort of stuff.
    And then the chem is basic stuff like, what gas is in the blimp, bleach is it a acid or base, what type of heat does the sun give off, etc.
    all are mostly multiple choice, I have a friend trying to get in also, and looking for some info myself. that is mostly what I remember about it though.
    should be able to find basic test prep info on those subjects though.
    Good luck
    Thanks for your time. I appreciate that info. My fiance bought a book for me at Barnes and Noble the other day. I'll just study and take some similar practice questions maybe on the test.

dodgerfan2007
    Hey Boatnam.........your right.....just looked today it is OSW......crazy....was wonderin what was in that pipe I was suckin on you can see what a good union member I am ...... ehh

No worries i was thinking you were a coworker since you knew the union names.I know a few guys there from when i worked for golden west refinery.Jim mullins or maurice chevale,i think jim was in the crude and maurice the alky have not talked to them in a few years.

Beautiful Noise
    My Son is also going on the 6th to take the test for Chevron I'll pass along all this information to Him.....Thanks

shipjump
    I have an assessment on June 21st here in Texas. I am good in math. But what are to learn for Chemistry and Mechanic... Someone can help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast