Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Monster Manx ($59,900)

Mandelon
    I can give you about 10% down for it.........but won't be able to make any payments....

INSman
    I'll bump Mandy's deal and go 10% down and $10 per month for 36 months :idea:

LOWRIVER2
    These cars are designed well. I"m gonna call Vince DeJong to figure out the price/work involved to throw a Mendi S-4 trans in it, that would make it bulletproof for duning.
    I have a line on who does financing for these cars if anyone's interested. Not many co.'s do. PM for details.

jackpunx
    I have a line on who does financing for these cars if anyone's interested. Not many co.'s do. PM for details.
    Riverbound?

LOWRIVER2
    I don't know Riverbound, very few finance co.'s will do a loan on a used, private party sand car. Most will only do it if it's done through the shop that built it. I'd be willing to bet that is the main reason no one has bought this car from Ultra28.
    The sand car industry is about 15 years behind the west coast boat industry in financing, sales. The financial institutions label the sand cars "high risk" vehicles in that they can be dismantled and sold out in parts easily if a borrower can't make payments. They also think the cars as a group get more accident claims than most boats which I could see happening.

LOWRIVER2
    Most guys have been buying the newer used private party sand cars with home equity loans. As the market is soft right now, more and more folks are stepping away from that and, conversely, a lot of people strapped with the adj. rates are dumping very clean sand cars, along with the other toys.
    Coming from buying used boats/getting loans in minutes, it was quite a wake up to find these "toys" could'nt be financed by just about every major lending institution. I think it has definately stymied this sector of business as the growth potential in these cars could be huge with the right marketing of reasonable financing. Reality is, in a perfect world, I should be able to get one loan to buy this car and a used Ultra from John at the same time. As of now the two loans can't be done by the same institution.

jackpunx
    I don't know Riverbound, very few finance co.'s will do a loan on a used, private party sand car. Most will only do it if it's done through the shop that built it. I'd be willing to bet that is the main reason no one has bought this car from Ultra28.
    The sand car industry is about 15 years behind the west coast boat industry in financing, sales. The financial institutions label the sand cars "high risk" vehicles in that they can be dismantled and sold out in parts easily if a borrower can't make payments. They also think the cars as a group get more accident claims than most boats which I could see happening.
    Riverbound and I were talking yesterday about getting a loan on a used car.. Im trying to get him to buy this one

Dezertrider
    I'll trade you a boat for it
    That is a great deal!!!
    You could legaly take that into Anza Borrego state park because it is street legal.

Ivan Dan
    That is a great deal!!!
    You could legaly take that into Anza Borrego state park because it is street legal.
    Hey Brian...how ya been? Looks like we got your parents off the mountain just in time this year huh? Hope all is well!

jackpunx
    That is a great deal!!!
    I thought so too.. But my phone hasnt started ringing yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast