Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid question

468miller
    i have a dumb question, i wanna go with short twisty bassetts, it originally had long ones, but will the water comming out of the pipes hurt my gel coat if the hot water drippes on them, also i know they wont have water at idle, just a thought...........:idea:

468miller
    also, are long ones any quiter, or are they the same....

River 4 Fun
    I'm sure the water won't hurt anything. But, I saw here on one of the forums that the long collector was good for more H.P. I wonder if thats the case?

IMPATIENT 1
    i have a dumb question, i wanna go with short twisty bassetts, it originally had long ones, but will the water comming out of the pipes hurt my gel coat if the hot water drippes on them, also i know they wont have water at idle, just a thought...........:idea:
    just bring down the water flow to your headers till there's a fine mist of steam coming out at cruise speeds.if you've got so much water coming outta your header that it collects and drips down, that's toooo much water.

sdpm
    Unless things have changed, there is only 1 length of twist headers from both Bassett and Rewarder.

468miller
    i was under the assumption from others that they have a long and short version...........:idea:

I have a set of short large tube bassetts for sale, absolutly no rust and are freshly ceramic coated, they were the ones i ran on the rogers two times out and sent them out to have them stripped and recoated then sold the boat,...so to make a long one short, they are pretty much new looking!
    P.S. i know that you are looking for twisties though!
    Todd

McIntyrelocal
    i dont think they have short twisties but you could cut them down i was talking to tom papp ( we miss you buddy)about that and he said as long as you have 8 inches from the collector you we be fine as far as horse power goes.You will loose hp if you but the big tube short headers on if you dont have a lot of hp. You need the back pressure.

You started out your post great but lost me @ the end!
    Did you mean the short tube headers will hurt you with less pwr and the long small tube hearer will benefit you with less power?
    I gotta tell ya i made just over 700hp with twisties and installed the large tube short headers and felt the difference in the seat substantially out of the hole,...now as for the big end, i could'nt tell ya if i lost power or gained,
    Todd

McIntyrelocal
    yeah if you have 700 hp you would know the difference most people only have 400 - 500 hp they would loose power going to the big tube headers. engines with big enough cams need bigger headers to flow more air because the exhaust valve stays open longer. motors with less horse power need the back presure of the smaller tube headers. thats just been my experience anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast