Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trailer ...how much

snake321
    While we're on the subject (brief hyjack) How does one get a hydro off a trailer and onto another without water?

RiverGames
    While we're on the subject (brief hyjack) How does one get a hydro off a trailer and onto another without water?
    forklift

superdave013
    O.K.--Now I'm curious. How much is a new trailer?? $3500?? Did it have a fold away tongue? couldn't see in the pics. Thanks for the post.
    For that pimplisous trailer I bet 3500 X 2 would be closer.

WILDERTHANU
    For that pimplisous trailer I bet 3500 X 2 would be closer.
    Yes that would be closer.

ZRCTION
    O.K.--Now I'm curious. How much is a new trailer?? $3500?? Did it have a fold away tongue? couldn't see in the pics. Thanks for the post.
    No swing tongue, no brakes.
    Tortion bar suspencion, no leaf springs
    Close to $5k. I'm very good friends with the owners so they helped me out a little. Promised them I would not tell anyone the actual price. But it wasn't much better than the $ amount above.
    I am really concerned with the reliabity of a trailer. Some times we tow as far as 600 miles one way (Shasta and Powell) and I need to know it is not going to come apart on the hwy. Especislly when towing at night and behind a motorhome when you can't even see the trailer. The trip can cost twice the amount of the trailer and could be over before you even arrive.

bordsmnj
    ok, thanks for the replies. i've had some sence talked into me and think i'm goona keep it around. i found a place to store it for not too far away. gonna have some stuff welded and replace a few things this weekend. then down the road i'll take it to walstrong or ktw. maybe if i win the lottery i'll buy a new one.
    oh, and it is a competetive.

snake321
    forklift
    Jesus H Christ, now I gotta buy a forklift??

SnoC653
    Attach some lifting eys to the stringer mounts at the rear of the engine and the v-drive. Build a sling that can be adjusted (like chain) so the boat will lift level then use a block and tackle. Sling should be a 4 point hook up. Or you could use equal length cables and use an I-Beam between the front and rear cables with an adjustable lift ring (again to keep the boat level when lifted) Depending on the total weight of the boat you could build the bar out of SS or Aluminum I-Beam.

RiverGames
    Jesus H Christ, now I gotta buy a forklift??
    wow now that you put it that way, sounds really cost effective.:jawdrop:
    hmmm :idea: :idea: Here is the real question, is you boat finished? becuase it would be alot easier and more cost effective just to put your boat in the water (with the old trailer) and pull it out with the new trailer
    bada bing bada boom

disco_charger
    I just purchased a new trailer from Pacific in Chino. I would give them a call. Nice stuff, they walked me through their production, and they were cheaper than redoing everything on my old competitve. Torsion, no leafs, swing away, chrome wheels, disc brakes, diamond plate, color matched to the boat and LED lighting. Guys were super cool to deal with.
    Pacific Boat Trailers
    Address: 13643 5th St, Chino, CA 91710
    Phone: (909) 902-0094

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast