Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fresh off dyno

FILUCKY
    Oh i'm just mess'n with ya Gary, I've been so busy with work i havn't even touched any of my boats. I'll most likely just be watching next year too. :cry: You know with all the crap i get for love'n the old Fords i got to jab you Chev guys once and awhile.

sdba069
    No problem Dallas........ The offer to help will stay on the table, just let me know.

FILUCKY
    All your help never goes unappreciated, Thanks for everything Gary and Merry Chistmas to you and your family.

Brazos River Rat
    Way to go Garry;
    Keep those Chevy making power.

sdba069
    are the pro topline the heads that are cast in austrailia?
    just curious heard about some from austrailia but couldn't remember the name
    Adam
    They were bought out by RHS but are still cast in New Zealand. We do like them.

rrrr
    Just came off the dyno with a new 468. Won't get into a ton of detail, but I will tell you this. 468, Pro Topline heads by Abbott Racing Heads, Super Victor, one Dominator on gas, no juice.......... 858 HP @ 7200 RPM // 696 lb/ft torque @ 5900 rpm. The heads are 24 degree Chevy design. The heads and intake were fully ported and flowed by Abbott Racing Heads. Getting a blown alky 509 ready next, then a couple of carbed, nitrous 540's with the Pro Topline heads. Hey Steelcomp, had to get back to a little R&D after hearing about yours. That's about 50 more HP than we'd ever made with a 468 with a single carb. BTW, a box stock 8896.
    Wow. I'd like to know more about the valvetrain..... :220v:
    7200 RPM is screaming.

Liberator TJ1984
    I like the 320's I am running , great quality and performance out of the box !
    I guess if the motor comes apart for a freshen up I'll have to get them to your buddy there Garry so he can work a little magic on them
    BTW thanks for the help at MF Garry ! ...so after all the measuring you did under the pump and intake ,did you find anything you were looking for ? :idea:

sdba069
    Hey rrr.... I can't believe you'd consider selling that boat. The 7200 was a typo, it was 7700. Just used good quality pieces. Ken Abbott at Abbott Racing Heads is my hero. Ken is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet in this business. He does what he says, when he says, and for the amount he said he would, something I haven't been used to. He's out in the middle of nowhere in Crane, Texas, about 35 miles south of Odessa. I was out there last week picking up our new PGJ motor. His number is 432-558-2841. Hey TJ................ That's been too long ago and I've looked at 50 others since then. We'll do it again. Enjoyed meeting and talking with you down there.

rrrr
    The 7200 was a typo, it was 7700.
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Gearhead
    Garry,
    Congrats on your engine. Those number look pretty good for the 24 degree single four deal. Kenneth is a good guy and does some real nice work. I just dynoed a big inch small block he built for a local fellow just a few weeks ago and it to had decent numbers.
    If you talk with Kenneth anytime soon tell him I passed along a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Gearhead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast