Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check out this slow rice.

dmontzsta
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...-r_06_1400.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...-r_04_1400.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...-r_03_1400.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...-r_01_1400.jpg
    The GT-R badge belongs, this is the originator of the GT-R badge.
    Unlike all previous Skyline GT-Rs, the new car will be sold in America, but not until the 2008 calendar year. What we do know is that the GT-R will be NissanÂ’s modern equivalent of the mid-1980s Porsche 959: a staggeringly fast, all-wheel-drive, technology-laden flagship coupe into which Nissan engineers and designers have poured their souls. Sources report that the 2008 Skyline will be built on a unique all-wheel-drive platform and powered by a twin-turbo version of the 350ZÂ’s 3.5-liter V-6, possibly bored out to 4.0 liters. The grapevine speaks of 450 hp allied to NissanÂ’s next-generation, variable-torque-split, ATTESA E-TS all-wheel-drive system. We say, how about a 500-hp, twin-turbo version of the 4.5-liter Infiniti V-8, instead?
    NissanÂ’s business plan reportedly calls for the Skyline to sell for about $70,000. ThatÂ’s double the price of a 350Z but tens of thousands of dollars less than the expected asking price for the next Porsche 911 Turbo, against which the Nissan should effectively compete. ThatÂ’s a comparison test weÂ’re looking forward to conducting.
    I love Nissan engines. Their VQ V6 has evolved so much. They used the VQ in the Maxima for the last 10 years. They designed the block with the future in mind. The VQ is alive as a 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0. It is impressive to think the 3.5 puts out 300hp when most american V8s are putting that out. :crossx:

Blown 472
    No matter how you slice it, still stupid.

dmontzsta
    No matter how you slice it, still stupid.
    So when are you buying one?

Roland the Fisherman
    If it is going to be 4WD then it is going to weigh a bunch. Small CI motors with twin cams/turboed arn't known for their torque. They had better find some.
    On another note the back is very very clean, the side is good (kinda CTS) but they went completely Nissan on the front. :yuk:

dmontzsta
    If it is going to be 4WD then it is going to weigh a bunch. Small CI motors with twin cams/turboed arn't known for their torque. They had better find some.
    On another note the back is very very clean, the side is good (kinda CTS) but they went completely Nissan on the front. :yuk:
    The Nissan V6 is usually matched tq/hp, it has been that way for ever. The VQ3.0 was usually 10-15ft lb more than the hp. The V6 will make atleast 450lb/ft. I just watched Super Tuner Challenge they took a 91 R32 upped the boost, added exhaust and a few other goodies dyno'd the bitch at 801whp/796wtq. There are a few Skylines in your neighborhood with 800+tq/hp, one I know of Anaheim, the guy drives it daily.
    Of course, you are in good shape...
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/Steve'sGT/100_3843.jpg

Roland the Fisherman
    There are a few Skylines in your neighborhood with 800+tq/hp, one I know of Anaheim, the guy drives it daily.
    Of course, you are in good shape...
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/Steve'sGT/100_3843.jpg

D'monsta, let me tell you a story about HP claims that I was both a party and witness to.
    Approx. 1 1/2yrs ago I had my old supercharged Z06 on a local SoCal dyno for another "tuning" pull, when a Supra starts pulling in for over 10min (thats how long you could here the stereo comming. :hammer2
    Anyway back to the point. The young hotshot full of piss, life and a bunch of other stuff looked at my dyno sheet (low to mid 5's both HP & Tq.). With all the confidence of Rex looking for spelling arrors in one of my posts, He procedes to tell me about his home boyz Turbo Supra w/21psi boost and it's 750 RWHP, and how his is only 19psi but that should net him high 6's HP/Tq.
    Well they roll mine off and his on, all eager to see the beast unleashed. You see, I just had to stay and watch, not cuase I didn't believe him but becuase I needed the piss in my pants to dry before I sat on the leather. That twin turbo just sounded like a man killer, will it did after the stereo was turned down and one could actually here it.
    First one pull :2purples: then another and another result? 325hp & 280tq. Lots of head scratching and saddness.
    But then it became very clear :idea: oh yea : the answer was so simple "the dyno must be shit, thats half of what it should be, I'll bet it's a computer read out glitch thing, I'm not paying". :boxingguy
    I finally got my pants dry and as I drove away began to contemplate what I had just witnessed.
    DAMN The dyno was reading only half the true net HP! :skull: :crossx: I was driving home a 1100hp car.

dmontzsta
    D'monsta, let me tell you a story about HP claims that I was both a party and witness to.
    Approx. 1 1/2yrs ago I had my old supercharged Z06 on a local SoCal dyno for another "tuning" pull, when a Supra starts pulling in for over 10min (thats how long you could here the stereo comming. :hammer2
    Anyway back to the point. The young hotshot full of piss, life and a bunch of other stuff looked at my dyno sheet (low to mid 5's both HP & Tq.). With all the confidence of Rex looking for spelling arrors in one of my posts, He procedes to tell me about his home boyz Turbo Supra w/21psi boost and it's 750 RWHP, and how his is only 19psi but that should net him high 6's HP/Tq.
    Well they roll mine off and his on, all eager to see the beast unleashed. You see, I just had to stay and watch, not cuase I didn't believe him but becuase I needed the piss in my pants to dry before I sat on the leather. That twin turbo just sounded like a man killer, will it did after the stereo was turned down and one could actually here it.
    First one pull :2purples: then another and another result? 325hp & 280tq. Lots of head scratching and saddness.
    But then it became very clear :idea: oh yea : the answer was so simple "the dyno must be shit, thats half of what it should be, I'll bet it's a computer read out glitch thing, I'm not paying". :boxingguy
    I finally got my pants dry and as I drove away began to contemplate what I had just witnessed.
    DAMN The dyno was reading only half the true net HP! :skull: :crossx: I was driving home a 1100hp car.
    That sounds like a straight ricer, with a decent car.
    dmontzsta - still waiting for the GT ride.

Kim Hanson
    Lets maybe get bigger pictures Donald, makes them faster.........( . )( . ).......
    Fast (http://www.wimp.com/zonda/)

dmontzsta
    Kim,
    You are stupid as usual, how about cars more "attainable". Should I post up a link of a McLaren F1? totally OT but typical for you.

Kim Hanson
    Kim,
    You are stupid as usual, how about cars more "attainable". Should I post up a link of a McLaren F1? totally OT but typical for you.
    Don't start trying to be alittle bitch and all, it's fast focker bottom line and ugly..........( . )( . )...........same as all Ricers
    Trams Am vs Rice (http://www.goyk.com/video.asp?path=2033)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast