Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winterize a boat

CB1
    Im storing my boat up in Big Bear this winter, should I , do I, need to winterize it.. If so what are the main things to do,,Any help would be appreciated..

SummerBreeze
    Im storing my boat up in Big Bear this winter, should I , do I, need to winterize it.. If so what are the main things to do,,Any help would be appreciated..
    :idea: Hmm lets see
    does it snow in Big Bear? If the answer is yes than you need to winterize
    Remove any water

Havasu_Dreamin
    Some things just don't go together...boat + big bear + winter = bet your a$$ you better winterize it...

ClownRoyal
    If the temps are going to be consistantly at or below freezing you will need to winterize. That means drain the water out of the engine blocks, holding tank, and anywhere else there may be water. Fog the carbs if you have them. Stabilize the fuel. It is also wise to change out the oil in the engines and drives and store fresh. If all else fails take it to someone who does it for a living. Cheap insurance.

svlperry
    if u have not winterized it yet u may be screwed

JetBoatRich
    if u have not winterized it yet u may be screwed
    It has been cold the last few nights

Classic Daycruiser
    Nothing like pulling the boat out in the spring and finding a cracked engine block .

RCB19
    This thread is quite informative on the subject.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171352

Nord
    What a bunch of D*ckhead responses. The thread was good, but the first few were a**holeish.........

riverbound
    We leave our pontoon boat up there and about a month ago took it to Big Bear marine,(I think thats the name.) they are just before Stanfield cutoff, they have always been fair and honest to us. to have it winterized. They drain all water from the motor and pontoons then shrink wrap it. we keep it on the side of our house outside. have been doing this for years and have had no issues. if you havent done it yet....you need to get it in ASAP!!! unless you have the ability to keep it in a heated garage then it will be a non issue. But like was stated earlier the last thing you want to do is to pull it out come spring and find you have a cracked block. you can do it yourself, but I would trust it to a professional. we have kept numerous boats up there ranging frm tourney ski boats to jetboats and our pontoon and even wave runners.....have yet to have a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast