Thread: Windage Tray Question

mfrey
    I'm freshening up my BBC (old style 460c/i). The windage tray was cracked. It came with my Dooley V-Drive Pan (I think). Are windage trays basically the same or do I need to replace it with a Dooley tray? Thanks.

Fiat48
    You probably don't have to but I feel this is an area where you are better off to use the tray that was designed for the pan. One less thing to worry about.

bubbletop409
    The curved unidirectional screen type trays are much more efficent than the flat steel type you probably have. Food for thought if your are serious about upgrading.

2manymustangs
    I'm freshening up my BBC (old style 460c/i). The windage tray was cracked. It came with my Dooley V-Drive Pan (I think). Are windage trays basically the same or do I need to replace it with a Dooley tray? Thanks.
    From a performance perspective a perforated metal tray is the best and a louvered tray would be next. If your not balls out racing I would just replace it with whatever you can fit in the pan easily and safely.

Lookin for Liquid
    I am wondering if I have seen a windage tray that wasn't cracked or welded on.

mfrey
    thanks for your imput