Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much boost

Heatseeker
    TORCO (http://torco.com/content/view/103/40/) octane booster seems to be pretty well respected among the blown Corvette crowd.
    I stand corrected. I had just recently heard about the Torco additive. I haven't talked with anyone who has used it yet though. Thanks for pointing that out.
    As far as off-the-shelf boosters go though, they're alot of hype.

ghittner
    Octane boosters are a load of shiat. You might as well pour paint thinner in your tank. Same stuff, only cheaper and without the catchy bottle.
    I mix race gas as stated above. I've been using 30% race/70% pump for four seasons and haven't had a problem yet. Plus it smells good when it burns !
    You're spending considerable $$$ and lots of time building your engine, it's be a real bummer to see you cheap out on the fuel and burn it down!
    EXACTLY. If you are going to run pump gas, run pump gas, you cannot cheat. If you are going to run racing fuel, run racing fuel...

ghittner
    8 pds, 30 degree timing (don't try to cheat this!!!!), pump gas. It will live.
    http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/techcharts.php

MKEELINE
    TORCO (http://torco.com/content/view/103/40/) octane booster seems to be pretty well respected among the blown Corvette crowd.
    I starting using this stuff the end of last season and it works. I'm running a 496 twin turbo at 11-12#'s of boost w/no problem. I blend it with 91 pump gas. It's nice to have when your out on the lake and 91 is all there is, if your lucky.

Heatseeker
    I starting using this stuff the end of last season and it works. I'm running a 496 twin turbo at 11-12#'s of boost w/no problem. I blend it with 91 pump gas. It's nice to have when your out on the lake and 91 is all there is, if your lucky.
    What's the mix rate? The website has nothing(at least I'm unable to find it)on how much is needed to achieve certain octane levels.
    I'd like to give it a try.

IMPATIENT 1
    What's the mix rate? The website has nothing(at least I'm unable to find it)on how much is needed to achieve certain octane levels.
    seems as if you used the additive to achieve a certain octane level, you'd save money just buyin face fuel. if you ran 93(say 20gallons) then added 2 bottles of the booster to get 100-105, your already spending more than if you went 60% 112 race fuel, or am i not lookin at this right

Heatseeker
    Depending on how much of the booster you need to run to get to that octane level, you may be right. But with race gas @ almost $8 a gallon, it might be more economical to go with the booster.
    My last fill up cost me $140(10 gals 114, 18 gals. 92).

MKEELINE
    There is a chart on the can, but I think it used 93 octane. If I remember correctly 1-32 ounce in 10 gallons of 91 brought it up to 93 or 94 octane. I bought a 5 gallon can of it for $140.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12