Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are sidexsides still hot or have they jumped the shark?

Sportin' Wood
    Not a dig, Legit question. I got an interesting call today and have never paid much attention to the side by side market, so now I gotta play catch up.
    Is the aftermarket still good for them or has it leveled out now that people can't go to the bank of 2nd mortgage?
    I don't do the Glamis thing so I really can't judge the popularity of them. Seems everyone I know that has one has flipped it. Whats your take on the side by side market, anything left? Long term growth or passing fad?
    Really interested in what you guys have to say.
    People that I know absolutly love them.
    Thanks

djunkie
    Well I've never flipped mine and I drive the piss out of it. IMO you gotta f-up pretty bad to put it on its side. Seeing as more and more manufacturers are coming out with them I really don't see it going away anytime soon.
    On a side note, if your thinking of getting one I'd suggest looking at a used one. Theres a bunch for sale with some nice add on's for pretty cheap.

Ziggy
    Somehow I knew Dj would be the first to respond

Sportin' Wood
    Well I've never flipped mine and I drive the piss out of it. IMO you gotta f-up pretty bad to put it on its side. Seeing as more and more manufacturers are coming out with them I really don't see it going away anytime soon.
    On a side note, if your thinking of getting one I'd suggest looking at a used one. Theres a bunch for sale with some nice add on's for pretty cheap.
    Not really looking to buy one. More interested in the aftermarket side. I see there are absolutly tons of stuff for them out there. You are right there are great deals on everything right now. Everything.

Froggystyle
    Seems everyone I know that has one has flipped it.
    Everyone I know that owns a dirt bike has gone down too... cost of doing business off road I think.
    (BTW... I haven't flipped mine, and I drive like my hair is on fire)
    We party with a really cool group of folks out in the desert/camping and every time I put one of the wives into the passenger seat and go for a ride a new Rhino is bought and a dirt bike, rail or buggy is sold.
    They are an awesome alternative to big hardware. They are easy to drive, relatively inexpensive, fast enough and with a great suspension like the Long Travel Rhino kit I have (www.longtravelrhino.com) they are absolutely magic in the whoops and turns. We ride with bikes all day long out in Occotillo and everyone who has gotten into it decides that "this is next" for them.
    They aren't going anywhere for a while. But, if something cooler comes out... I'll probably buy one and jump on that bandwagon too...
    Great vehicle for us...

Sportin' Wood
    Thanks Froggy,
    My friends all roll there jeeps on a regular basis as well.( same group)
    Glad to hear, it sounds like they are a lot of fun. We have a few people that pre run with them now. Its a whole lot easier to throw that in the bed of a pick up then drag a trailer.:idea:

Froggystyle
    Thanks Froggy,
    My friends all roll there jeeps on a regular basis as well.( same group)
    Glad to hear, it sounds like they are a lot of fun. We have a few people that pre run with them now. Its a whole lot easier to throw that in the bed of a pick up then drag a trailer.:idea:
    Among a million other things that they are easier to use for. We figured out that the Rhino had double the hours on it last trip than any other ride. It just gets used a lot more for a lot more things. Need to jam down and get ice? Take the Rhino. Need to go meet someone at the road? Take the Rhino. Grab shovels? Dig someone out? Tow a bike home? You name it... the Rhino gets the job out there.
    Plus, with our lights, everyone wants to be around us come nightfall for sure.

Sportin' Wood
    So when are you going to make a trophy truck body for one?

catman-do
    This is one thing I am suprised no one has done. The bodies on these are soo humm drumm, i thought someone would have come out with a bodykit that mimmicks a trophy truck or buggy.

Froggystyle
    You clearly haven't seen my Rhino...
    http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_...serialNumber=2
    All 'glass body front and rear. Wide fenders in front... full one piece rear.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast