Thread: project pics

scorpionking
    here we go, i finally figured out how to upload pics,,,man i hate computers. this is my project boat, it was in a field for 30 years, i dug 2 feet of leaves and stuff out, its an aluminum hull, we run in shallow gravel bottom rivers here. i striped it and painted it up like a 57 chevy bel air. my next issue is power. i was thinking about mercurys sport jet 175 but would love a small block chevy with a regular pump. its 14 feet long, what do you guys think,the hull weighs 225 lbs the way it sets,, 350 too much??? [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/103-0355_IMG.JPG[/img]

sidewound
    Don't know if I have ever experienced "TOO MUCH". It's usually the more the better.
    Since it's an old eggbeater your work will really be cut out for you. Installing a jet in that will be an interesting experience to say the least. Let me know what you end up with. Peace Man

Omega21
    Cool boat! I'm thinkin a 327 Chevy with triple deuces & finned aluminum valve covers would be fitting :-)
    Todd

malcolm
    Hey Todd, maybe this is the boat for your multiple crotch rocket drive. Or just swipe a couple lake lice and go with a dual jet.

Aluminum Squirt
    I've got a 350 in my 15' eagle sprint boat and I wish I had a 502! A 502 may actually be a little much unless it was an aluminum block/heads. My hull is a little heavier but a 350 makes it sit about right. Me and a buddy seem to be able to push it off of whatever we get it stuck on, although it does have aluminum heads. Good luck, it looks like a sweet project-Aluminum Squirt

cyclone
    man that boat is rad! i love it. what kind is it?

superdave013
    You just have to put a small block in it now! That thing will be a one off head turner.
    It would even be really cool with an old in line 6 merc weed wacker on it.
    My fartherinlaw had a boat just about like it. He gave it away. Wait untill he see this pic!

Omega21
    Malcolm- The road rocket drive doesn't quite 'fit' that boat. I think it belongs in something like Bryan's Tahiti.
    Todd

scorpionking
    todd, fill me in on the rocket drive, sounds interesting....

Omega21
    Actually, it was just some far fetched thinkin..but if you must know:
    The basic idea was to take 4 CBR1100xx (ZX9R, Hyabusa etc etc) motors and belt drive them to a common drive shaft. Hook the drive shaft to the jet pump. The bike tranny being a close ratio would allow you to underdrive the pump....ie run the engines at 10,000 rpm & have 6500 at the pump.
    You'd have 600 hp, it would run on unleaded, and it would run consistently. You wouldn't have to change impellers either, just change the gear you've locked each motor into. I would also imagine the set up would be MUCH lighter than a big block.
    Just thinkin out loud mind you :-)
    Todd