Thread: Another vid to add to your collection

Xerophobic
    Looks like it will be a good one, being released shortly...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLiFw7Ey3WU
    Love that opening shot
    Cheers

VAMI
    You guys gonna have them to sell or franks?

Warp Speed
    How much does it weigh??
    Warp Speed

Xerophobic
    You guys gonna have them to sell or franks?
    Those ones are based out of the AWJA so try for more info on www.jetboatracing.com
    I know Chris will be happy to send ya one
    Cheers

Xerophobic
    How much does it weigh??
    Warp Speed
    Warp you're cracking me up! lol
    We got our scale but there is some chaos going on at the moment as we are rushing production to free up time to move our entire fabrication facility to this building starting Jan 1st. Every aspect of our production will then be under one roof 25 feet from my office (well ok paint still has their own building 100 feet away) Currently our fabrication shop is about 7 mins away in a whole other complex. This property only does paint, upholstery, rigging, finishing and R&D etc
    I'll see what the boys can do but its just a bad time. Honestly I dont know if that crane scale has even come out of the box yet!
    Ill see if I can get them to get some weights for ya I know you've asked alot
    Cheers

Warp Speed
    I thought you'd like that!!!
    Better question yet, How light could you make a tunnel for drag racing??
    I don't see most of us bashing up the rapids anytime soon (although what a gas that would be!! :2purples: ) but if you want to sell some boats, make a few drag tunnels!! :idea:
    Warp Speed

Xerophobic
    Our 21 tunnel weighs about 630 lbs bare in stock form.
    The "Lightweight" boat strips about 80 lbs from that and the "FX Lightweight" another 40 or so.
    Those boats all have the 3/8" keel
    To build a boat with a truely lightweight drag setup you would likely want to eliminate the bulletproof keel however this can cause fabrication issues. To go down to 5/16" or even 1/4" while saving weight may make keeping the hull aligned on the jig difficult. Alot of welding occurs in that area and the thinner the material blah blah blah.
    We've never shunned people wanting to build custom hulls and we are more often then not willing to work with someone on custom features etc but like anything it would take a commitment from a buyer to go this route.
    If you're waiting for us to have a "21 Tunnel Drag" built and sitting on the lot waiting for a buyer its not likely to happen. That boat will not sell up here.
    With that all said keep in mind even the lightest of aluminum hulls would be worlds safer than any fibreglass boat of a similar weight. Aluminum hulls even in lightweight form would "crumple up" but they would be unlikely to break apart and sink in accident situations. In most cases even a caved in bow could be kicked out and you'd be running again in no time (rest of your gear willing )
    Cheers