Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20,21,22 Schiada. Differences?

flatties forever
    Pretty sure I know difference between 21 and 22 ,but now I'm seeing 20's and I'm getting annoyed. Can someone clear up my confusion. What the hell is the difference between the hulls. Don't say 1 ft.. Same V or different v? Does the term "River Cruiser apply to any and all hulls?? Which boat is most commonly Marathon'd? I hear say that the 22 is the 21 with a different deck and more free board (then where's the extra foot??- It doesn't have a "Fountain" thingy on the nose). I'm confusing myself just writing this.

Riverkid
    I'd love to take a ride in a big motored 24' V drive...

superdave013
    Huffer, don't forget about the Schiada/Howard 19' (mistaking called 20' alot)

Schiada76
    Huffer, don't forget about the Schiada/Howard 19' (mistaking called 20' alot)
    Oh yeah! The 19's are way bad ass, at least that's what I've heard.

The Doctor
    If you go looking for a 21' River Cruiser V-Drive like I did the difference is quite easy. It cost well over $10 grand more for the ski racer's boat than dozens of mini cruisers or 22s.
    Oh, in my book, it was worth every dollar-and then some, but we've already beaten this horse into a pulp.

Racey
    Huffpower, great post! excellent analogies
    I'd love to take a ride in a big motored 24' V drive...
    The SR-22 engine is down at Brummett's getting the bigger turbos on it right now, i guess ~1300hp wasn't enough

flatties forever
    We'll see if we can do this witha lil humor,
    20' : is like a bad ass slot car, with a lower freeboard and a foot shorter than the 21, they used them GN Boats, ski racers, ultra fast with twin turbo power, ever see the ad with Ron Spindler / Burt Court at Lake Mead, about 2 1/2' out of the water, see cool old ads.
    21': is like, a well refined LeMans Corvette, the more power, crappy water, the better it likes it, all kinds of seating configurations, and will take whatever horsepower you can throw at it, the fastest I've ever heard a 21' run was near the 118mph range.Scott
    Thanks for input. Is the v the same on the 20 and 21? What about width?
    Thanks again!

Riverkid
    Huffpower, great post! excellent analogies
    The SR-22 engine is down at Brummett's getting the bigger turbos on it right now, i guess ~1300hp wasn't enough
    That's just plain frightening...
    That would be one hell of a ride. Nice job on that.

jh4rt
    OK... I'm gonna get in trouble here, but, I'm gonna put my opinion out there to be blasted.
    They are the SAME bottom. Ever notice that the 22 looks a bit like a duck-billed platypus? I own a 20 and have ridden in plenty of 21s. I've never ridden in a 22, but, I really think these bottoms are the same with the difference being in freeboard and deck. Notice in the post above that deadrise on the transom is the same, and beam is about 5" wider which would account for the flare in the hull and additional freeboard.
    I'm not putting them down in any way, only I think they are the same. I love my 20, and would easily and gladly take it in nearly any water. I think the 21 would be better because some of the places I get wet, I'd stay dry. WRT the 22, well, just dryer yet, right?
    OK... flame away.
    ;-)

flatties forever

20' is 19'8" in lenght, beam = 84", deadrise=15 degrees at transom, freeboard=17", lowest point=13", weight for v-drive 2900lbs.
    21' is 21', beam=89", bottom configuration=semi-v, deadrise@transom=15degrees.
    I have the 22 info, just gotta find it, last time I had it I was showing it to Vince Granetelli, he had a turbine powered one,which is pictured on the brouchre, was very cool watching the original videos taken near the queen mary on initial shake downs.
    Huff Daddy,
    Thanks for the dimensions! Any Freeboard/lowest point #'s, and weight for the 21? It'd be cool if you could find the 22's dims as well. Thanks and much appreciated. BTW-- Why is there no Factory Schiada website in nearly 2008? Never met Lee, is he "old school" or what? Someone needs to tell him (verbally, because he probably doesn't have a phone) that he makes a great boat but might sell more if he utilizied the Net... Just a thought..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast