Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20,21,22 Schiada. Differences?

jh4rt
    I would tend to disagree some, citing that there is as much or more difference between some of the various 21' Schiadas that I had driven and ski raced behind as the couple of 20's I have driven.
    huh? :idea:
    I think we are in violent agreement. Set up has a ton to do with it, and you can't set up a 20 identical to a 21.
    ;-)

schiadastan
    Last nite it hit me, we did make some changes on the 20 when we tooled it.
    The plug came from the 21 mold, but when leanard tooled it he narrowed it
    by taking only a couple of inches out of the keel and he added about 8 feet of rocker to it. Back in the late 70's and early 80's the water was not as ruff
    as it is now with all the big boats out there so the 20 would carry more
    with less horse power. The cockpet is smaller than the 21 so there is not that much room for a back seat. Most of the 20's were built as outboards,
    the last ones out of the shop were around 1992 and they were sent to England. If any one would like one we still would build them, they still run smother than a flat, my back cant take a flatbottom any more.
    Stan

Boat211
    Last nite it hit me, we did make some changes on the 20 when we tooled it.
    The plug came from the 21 mold, but when leanard tooled it he narrowed it
    by taking only a couple of inches out of the keel and he added about 8 feet of rocker to it. Back in the late 70's and early 80's the water was not as ruff
    as it is now with all the big boats out there so the 20 would carry more
    with less horse power. The cockpet is smaller than the 21 so there is not that much room for a back seat. Most of the 20's were built as outboards,
    the last ones out of the shop were around 1992 and they were sent to England. If any one would like one we still would build them, they still run smother than a flat, my back cant take a flatbottom any more.
    Stan
    What do you want for a hull?

ColeTR2
    Brah, if ColeTR2 said it then it must be true. He should know, he owns a Cole.
    This is some classic e-speculation right here!!

I own a 21-ft Schiada RC... and a ColeTR2... I'm not speculating about anything just stating what i have seen with my own eyes.. and measured. One day I took a tape measure when i was working at Prime Marine and measured both a 21 and 20 I had both boats sitting side by side. And just sitting there you can easily see that the bow is much steeper where it inters the water on a 21... SO they are different. Look at the picture of the two side by side you can easily see it. Now the part of the bottom that rides on the water when the boat is on plane could be the same..
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1197567780
    This is a detailed CAD drawing I did of a 21 RC while working at Prime. So I have looked at these boats as much or more than my Cole... O yea both of my boats run too.

schiadastan
    Lee can give you a price, it all depends on haow you would like it built,
    floor boards, opoen stringer, gel coat, types of resins, vac. baged ect.....
    email him at SCHIADA788@AOL.COM that is the best way to get in touch with him.
    Thanks
    Stan

schiadastan
    Cole tr2 whats the point ? If you make the boat narrower its going to take
    some of the entrance out of it, most of the change was the rocker that was put into it.
    Stan

ColeTR2
    Cole tr2 whats the point ?
    Stan
    Stan i just don't like having someone tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.. No point other then that... To me when someone says the bottom is the same that means it came out of the same mold. And that it is not a spin off or a splash that has been changed.

superdave013
    Cole tr2 whats the point ? If you make the boat narrower its going to take
    some of the entrance out of it, most of the change was the rocker that was put into it.
    Stan
    His point was to give me a well deserved smack. It's ok, I can take it.
    I stand corrected TR!

WILDERTHANU
    You're all full of monkey crap. A tr2 has a 5/8 runner, tr4 has a 7/8 runner... ohhhh shit wrong argument thread.

76schiada
    Heres my 19 Schiada PS: Its For Sale

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast