Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TULSA - need help finding an electrician

ECeptor
    Guys - I need help finding an electrician who can repair the power line to my girlfriends house. When the tree limbs fell, it damaged the wire that runs from the side of her house into her meter. She literally called EVERY number in the phone book and the soonest anyone said they could come out is January!
    Do any of you know somebody who can help her out? She is out of power and PSO hooked up everyone else in her neighborhood today.
    If you have any thoughts or suggestions please call me at 316-393-2038.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

YeLLowBoaT
    normally thats the power companys deal... your not even allowed to touch it.

ECeptor
    normally thats the power companys deal... your not even allowed to touch it.
    It's a 1920's house (if that make a difference) and the part that is damaged is hers. PSO was there this morning, checked it out, and very clearly told her it was her responsiblity.

YeLLowBoaT
    I think I would call them back and ask what is hers and theres, its only a phone call and that way you know from this point on.

Seadog
    The meter is the homeowner's responsibility. If there is any damage to it, the electric companies will not connect things back up. The real problem may not be finding an electrician, but getting the parts. My BIL is doing repairs from the floods in Miami and says he cannot get the right parts because of the demand.

ECeptor
    The meter is the homeowner's responsibility. If there is any damage to it, the electric companies will not connect things back up. The real problem may not be finding an electrician, but getting the parts. My BIL is doing repairs from the floods in Miami and says he cannot get the right parts because of the demand.
    The meter is in good shape, thank god! The conduit running from it to the top corner of the house ripped loose and bent the conduit over in one spot. PSO pulled the counduit up straight, but ohm'd out the line and said the conduit cut the wire's insulation. So, about 10' of conduit and 12' of wire is all that's needed. If needed, I could run parts from Wichita down there.

Infomaniac
    Power company does not do from their pole to the house. Certified electrician for that.
    If you can do it yourself an electrician might come along and bless it for you.

rrocky
    Home Depot or Lowes sells everything you need to repair your house service .

Infomaniac
    Home Depot or Lowes sells everything you need to repair your house service .
    Except the meter can. They get damaged a lot of the time
    Check your PM's Ceptor

jetter
    Guys - I need help finding an electrician who can repair the power line to my girlfriends house. When the tree limbs fell, it damaged the wire that runs from the side of her house into her meter. She literally called EVERY number in the phone book and the soonest anyone said they could come out is January!
    Do any of you know somebody who can help her out? She is out of power and PSO hooked up everyone else in her neighborhood today.
    If you have any thoughts or suggestions please call me at 316-393-2038.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    I work for Airco Service and they are booked that far,but I have a rent house and the same problem happen to my house and my renter called PSO and they told him that he is the last one on the list for repairs,and yes his wire got pulled down by a tree falling on it and PSO has to fix it not the home owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast