Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tea Party 08' Ron Paul

delemorte
    Oh the Dems would love to run against Ron Paul. A shoe in for Hillary no doubt.
    I woudl vote Paul before i would vote obama edwards or hill dawg.

delemorte
    So legitimate question. here. Paul wants to cut federal spending and dump the income tax..
    so how exactly is the goverment expected to pay for an army and other federal jobs? i think he just lost me there. Im down for taxing less and spending less but you have to raise money some how. Does the goverment raise funds by other means that i am missing?

AzMandella
    So legitimate question. here. Paul wants to cut federal spending and dump the income tax..
    so how exactly is the goverment expected to pay for an army and other federal jobs? i think he just lost me there. Im down for taxing less and spending less but you have to raise money some how. Does the goverment raise funds by other means that i am missing?
    Flat Tax Rate

ULTRA26 # 1
    Flat Tax Rate
    Yes Sir.

delemorte
    Flat Tax Rate
    So i asked my mother about the flat tax. and how it would benefit america. Shes a CPA just for the FYI and why i asked her.
    here is the issue with a flat tax. Flat tax is meant to simplify the tax code and elliminate the IRS. Seems simple. However did you know with out the IRS you dont get to claim any deductions? NO savings no donations no deductions for what you pay on your home or interest paid. Nothing (too many deductions to even list them all, thats why I love my mother... Free accounting and taxes).
    I dont know about you guys but i love my deductions and my credits come return time. But yes i guess you could do the math and simply lower the tax bracket but thats another converstion. I think a use tax would be a better system .If you can afford to buy it then you can afford to pay the taxes on it. Observe washington state that has no state income tax but does tax heavily on non essential goods (anything but food and clothing basicly) we can start a new thread on that one but back on point
    My original question still stands unanswered. Ron Paul does not support a flat tax or sales tax. He does support aboloshing the IRS and the income tax and i quote "replace it with nothing". If that is the case how does the Fed bankroll the goverment?

QuickJet
    The flat tax actually makes sure that EVERYONE pays into the system from what they use. This will turn the estimated 20 million freeloaders into tax payers.
    As far as Ron Paul's plan...........who knows . He has absolutely no chance in hell of winning the nomination let alone the White House so I don't really pay much attention to him

ULTRA26 # 1
    The flat tax actually makes sure that EVERYONE pays into the system from what they use. This will turn the estimated 20 million freeloaders into tax payers.
    As far as Ron Paul's plan...........who knows . He has absolutely no chance in hell of winning the nomination let alone the White House so I don't really pay much attention to him
    QJ, I think you are referring to the Fair Tax. A flat tax still relates to income.

QuickJet
    QJ, I think you are referring to the Fair Tax. A flat tax still relates to income.
    You are right.....Thanks John

delemorte
    Yeah QJ you and I agree on what a fare tax would be.. i called it something different but was not sure WTF it was called in the first place. Who knows about RP's electability however im still waiting for any of his supporters to answer a very basic question.
    If there is no answer then i think people who support him need to re-evaluate their posiiton as thats a very fundemental question. With out a federal tax of some sort then how do we bankroll our goverment?

cdog
    Yeah QJ you and I agree on what a fare tax would be.. i called it something different but was not sure WTF it was called in the first place. Who knows about RP's electability however im still waiting for any of his supporters to answer a very basic question.
    If there is no answer then i think people who support him need to re-evaluate their posiiton as thats a very fundemental question. With out a federal tax of some sort then how do we bankroll our goverment?
    Here's what I found on his site. He doesn't go into much detail.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/debt-and-taxes/
    Then there's the programs he'd cut.
    Just look at this.
    U.S. - Mexico at a Glance
    Foreign Aid
    Foreign Aid from USAID (in millions of dollars)
    Category
    FY 2001 (Actual)
    FY 2002 (Actual)
    FY 2003 (Actual)
    FY 2004 (Actual)
    FY 2005 (Request)
    Development Assistance
    Child Survival and Health Porgrams Fund
    Economic Support Funds
    TOTAL
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...123000941.html
    Bush Has Quietly Tripled Aid to Africa
    The president has tripled direct humanitarian and development aid to the world's most impoverished continent since taking office and recently vowed to double that increased amount by 2010 -- to nearly $9 billion.
    And we don't have enough money for a fuking fence? Or a tax cut? FUK u uncle sam!
    What I support is the fact that he believes our work/progress is ours. Taxes in the US have only been around the last 100 years. I think we can change before this gets more out of control. It's already at 40% for some.
    I support his message. He's the only one with the balls to get up and not go lock step with everyone else. You want a change? Here's your guy. If you want to keep sliding into obscurity, vote for gulini or romney and shut up get to work you've got tax's to pay.
    I believe the constitution and its fundamentals laid the ground for what’s been accomplished in this country. Take a look around at Europe, Asia and the middle east. They too have rich and powerful that run the show. But no protection of rights that we have. We’re slowly sliding that direction with liberals who want us to be just like Europe and republicans who put too much faith in big business to fix everything. All whipped up by self serving congressmen and lobbyist. Something’s got to change and Ron Paul is the only one who makes sense out of all these trolls..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast