Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tea Party 08' Ron Paul

ULTRA26 # 1
    Steve Forbes has done a commendable job spelling out why America's tax system must be simplified. Scrap the mind-numbingly complex, loophole-filled, savings-averse code, advises the editor-in-chief of this magazine, in favor of one elegant, clear rate. A flat tax is what America needs.
    That all sounds good to me. But I think we can do even better. Under Steve Forbes' plan the flat rate would be 17%. All families would get generous personal exemptions, so that a family of four would not pay taxes until its income exceeded $46,000. To encourage growth, the Forbes plan exempts income that is saved and invested. Which means that the Forbes plan is really a consumption tax. It taxes people based on what they take out of the system, not on what they put in.
    http://www.forbes.com/opinions/free_.../1017/042.html

sanger rat

CARLSON-JET
    delmorte,
    I'm not going to speak for RP directly but imo. he feels that there are enough sources of federal level revenues at this time to support our federal government if brought down to a sustainable level. He does not want to initiate another form of the IRS or any other flat tax etc.
    Right now the feds are spending well over what is being brought into the coffers by waisting huge amounts of money building our federal empire. He feels if the spending limits were set to year 2k levels that there are currently plenty of revenue sources. The feds get huge amounts of money from other sources other then direct income taxes from working citizens and small business.
    When you purchase anything, part of the price is figured in as doing business which includes taxes, whether it be from mom & pops to G.E.
    By increasing tariffs on all these chinese/foriegn goods that are imported and not subsidizing them we could generate huge amounts of federal income. This is part of the ever increasing trade deficit problem we have been building for 2decades now.
    Taxes are actually one of the smallest reasons I choose to support Paul. His TRUE conservative ideas of getting back to basic government, Border issues, supporting our 2nd amendment rights and getting government out of the business of policing the world are just a few. I really believe the lack of TRUE conservative leadership has been hurting this nations fiscal and moral values
    If taxes are your only concern with the feds in the current state of the nation Then you most likely will not be voting for any official currently running. I have not heard one word of how they are going to balance the budget and get rid of the national deficit. (except paul)
    NOT ONE (but Paul) has a very good record of voting against higher taxes or voting to keep spending in check. All but Paul can't decide where they stand on any issues over the last 10 years.
    One of the greatest tools we get from the internet is to see how our representatives have voted and most likely will vote with a few key strokes in seconds. We also get to see what bills they propose, support or are against. Ron Paul Votes against alot of BAD bills. When he votes NO he is also saying yes to the opposing views of said bad bills.
    Sanger rat.. Nice posts
    This has been great watching the discussion without a bunch of aggression taking place.
    I have to get to work.. Every one have a good night. R.B.

ULTRA26 # 1
    It's good to see folks passionate about a candidate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456