Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Insurance company won't total car...what to do.

Kachina26
    did the air bags blow? if they did its almost always a total as they are $$$$$ to repair.
    Wow, never heard that one. I repaired plenty of vehicles after airbag deployment. They are getting less expensive to repair all the time too.

Cole Trickle
    Brandin is right with regard to the 80% of value total loss threshold. In CA diminished value is not a consideration if 1st party losses. A quality repair facility can repair the vehicle correctly and safely.

FYI....I ran the GTO at Irwindale last thursday
    7.89 @86.6 1/8 ET
    1.69 60'
    Pretty happy with the number since all the charts put it at a 12.2-12.4 in the 1/4 :idea:

pw_Tony
    Wow, never heard that one. I repaired plenty of vehicles after airbag deployment. They are getting less expensive to repair all the time too.
    Generally when I write estimates, if the air bags deploy I total them out. It helps that it takes a HARD hit to deploy air bags, but they are definetely the icing on the cake

ULTRA26 # 1
    Exactly, that's what I try to tell people but some don't understand
    I know, I have been listening to the same thing for years.

FYI....I ran the GTO at Irwindale last thursday
    7.89 @86.6 1/8 ET
    1.69 60'
    Pretty happy with the number since all the charts put it at a 12.2-12.4 in the 1/4 :idea:
    12.2 to 12.4 is too quick for stock. What mods are you running?

Cole Trickle
    I know, I have been listening to the same thing for years.
    12.2 to 12.4 is too quick for stock. What mods are you running?
    Stock?
    K&N FIPK
    Magnaflow Cat Back
    Fuddle 3200 stall
    MT 17" Drag Radials
    Tune
    Everything else is untouched
    Car runs good and leaves pretty hard
    I raced a 07 6speed auto vette with exhaust and tune. He was running 8.2@90 on stock tires.

YeLLowBoaT
    They start at about 1500 each, the newer side impact are even more. Several extra thousand in replacing them will make a diffrence on rather or not they are totaled out.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Stock?
    K&N FIPK
    Magnaflow Cat Back
    Fuddle 3200 stall
    MT 17" Drag Radials
    Tune
    Everything else is untouched
    Car runs good and leaves pretty hard
    I raced a 07 6speed auto vette with exhaust and tune. He was running 8.2@90 on stock tires.
    The 3200 stall and MT's should help it leave hard. Your car runs better than most 6.0 GTO's. It's an A/T isn't it? Did you have it dyno'd or are you running a Predator tune. There is a place in Anaheim that is good with 6.0.s
    SoCal Tuning and Performance.

YeLLowBoaT
    Brandin is right with regard to the 80% of value total loss threshold. In CA diminished value is not a consideration if 1st party losses. A quality repair facility can repair the vehicle correctly and safely.
    The insurance company will not recommend a shop unless the use of Direct Repair Facilities is stipulated in the policy.
    Not sure where you are getting your info but it is not accurate.
    The group that does testing for the ins companys published a study this year about how much damage is done in a 10 mph crash. Several cars were over 20k, out of the luxury cars the volvo was the cheapest at about 5400. Most where in the 7-10 range.
    By law in CA they can not tell you what body shop you can or can not use. If they do, your getting a new car and a nice chunk of change to buy gas with.

Cole Trickle
    The 3200 stall and MT's should help it leave hard. Your car runs better than most 6.0 GTO's. It's an A/T isn't it? Did you have it dyno'd or are you running a Predator tune. There is a place in Anaheim that is good with 6.0.s
    SoCal Tuning and Performance.
    It seems to run on the strong side but nothing amazing.
    Tuned with HP tuners... 345 rwhp with verter.Verters seem to soak up about 20hp +/-
    I met up with a couple that own an 05 A4. They have Kooks LT headers,Vig 2800 stall and a ud pulley along with everything else I have and pulled a 7.57@89.48 1.60 60'
    The Ls2's run pretty hard with a tune

ULTRA26 # 1
    The group that does testing for the ins companys published a study this year about how much damage is done in a 10 mph crash. Several cars were over 20k, out of the luxury cars the volvo was the cheapest at about 5400. Most where in the 7-10 range.
    By law in CA they can not tell you what body shop you can or can not use. If they do, your getting a new car and a nice chunk of change to buy gas with.
    As I stated be before, you are misinformed with regard to CA and some insurance companies directing repairs to specific repair shops. I have 25 years in the auto claims business in CA and I'm well versed on the law in this regard.
    It seems to run on the strong side but nothing amazing.
    I met up with a couple that own an 05 A4. They have Kooks LT headers,Vig 2800 stall and a ud pulley along with everything else I have and pulled a 7.57@89.48 1.60 60'
    The Ls2's run pretty hard with a tune
    Again, who's tune are you running?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast