Thread: Loader/ ock grate ?'s

Kenosobby
    I've been doing some searches and I am not finding what I am looking for... What is a loader? And does it replace the rock grate? also I am assuming it is a performance thing..but what are the pro's and cons to installing one? Btw my boat is a 21' Hawaiian 2 Step with Berk pump and BBF. all are stock.
    the reason I am asking is that I am planning on doing some upgrade to the pump/motor along with interior and paint this spring and i am trying to put together a game plan on what I plan on doing.

jet4fun
    the loader replaces the rock grate. the only real downfall i can think of is that it doesnt block crap from coming in the pump as good as a stock grate. but if thats really a problem than you need to be a little more careful of where you're starting up and running your boat. talk to a reputable pump shop about your setup and plans and they can recommend a loader for you. dont just buy a cheasy one out of a catalog
    and watch for beach towels, sorry mike------bandwagon

ck7684
    You might as well wait until you have your engine finished and installed to see if you even need a loader...having too much loader will just slow you down and if you need one you will be cavitating. What kind of mods to you have planned?

Kenosobby
    Tell you the truth I really dont know which is why I am starting with the research and questions... I am not looking for alot of top end..65 mph is plenty for me..what I want is a killer hole shot..

Xerophobic
    Tell you the truth I really dont know which is why I am starting with the research and questions... I am not looking for alot of top end..65 mph is plenty for me..what I want is a killer hole shot..
    You wont need one at 65 mph
    Cheers