Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jetboats ?????

hunter4life
    hey guys, my first post here,
    ive been wanting a jet boat for some time now, and i have tons of ??, ok were do i start, i mean with all the makes of boats out there , what is the most popular hull to go with , i live in michigan and have tons of local lakes to go on , and the occasional big lake drive on calm days, so what brand name boat is better for the rough water,what hall style, i know i want at least a 18footer, sanger, tahiti,who am i missing, i want a good riding boat, not one that will porpoise and ride like sh$t, i am a chevy guy, so i know i want a chevy at least, should i go SB or BB, what pump should i be looking for berkley , dominator, or what, basically , i want a good all around nice looking jet, that can throw a roooster and sounds bad ass , and able to hold at least 4 people, and i would like it to be at least a 70 or 75 mph, gps boat, is that to much to ask for in a boat,

hunter4life
    i hope i didnt ramble on to much , sorry, i just dont want to make a purchase of a boat and be dissapointed in the long run , or something that will nickle and dime me to death, it sounds like jetboats, have lots of problems with different setups and if it aint done right it wont be any good, SO WHAT BOAT SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR , thanks so much guys and agin thanks for your time, bob

HammerDown
    Well I'll tell you as I was told when asking the same questions...
    If ya come across a 21 foot Daytona...buy it.
    *That boat offers a great ride.
    *As far as motor...I'm running a 468 Chev...
    and I (think) I want more! Bigger is better
    *As far as a pump...any of the big names
    will work fine...Berkley, Aggressor
    *Legend, American turbine, Dominator.

canuck1
    Hunter
    Jets don't have lots of problems with set-ups. If you leave it stock they are OK,I don't even think that problem is the rite word, the guys that have problems are just searching for the edge,as with all hi-po sports it takes trial and error to find the perfect set-up for the best performance.
    If you spend the money and build everything rite the first time it won't nickle and dime you to death

Cas
    Originally posted by HammerDown:
    Well I'll tell you as I was told when asking the same questions...
    *As far as a pump...any of the big names
    will work fine...Berkley, Aggressor
    *Legend, American turbine, Dominator.
    Panther

GOT WATER ??
    Originally posted by Cas:
    Panther
    Berkley http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

mud duck
    A tunnel hull will take less horse power to go fast. And they will go the fastest; Eliminator Daytona, Cougar, Liberator, Obsession, etc. However you sacrifice leg room in a tunnel hull.
    Hulls with the most room for people have V-hulls, open bows and can be heavy. All v-hulls built for jets are shallow (only about 12 degree dead rise) which mean they do not handle 4 foot waves like big off shore rigs.
    Everyone wants to go really fast with four people, it wont happen with a jet. There are trade offs everywhere, you just have to define the attributes you like and get the boat that closely matches your specific needs.
    I'll bet I did not help much. Sorry.

hunter4life
    hey guys thanks for the quick replys, i guess i should of said the price im willing to spend on a boat, well i would like to keep it between 5 and 7000, i know it aint much to work with ,but its a start, SOOOOOO, WHAT U BUY WITH THAT MONEY, i guess most important to me any way now is i need the hull in excellant condition, and i can always build the motor down the road, oh yeh , man them daytona eliminators aint cheap, even for the older ones, i did a quick search on traderonline, bob

FLYTE RISK
    HUNTER just go buy a v-drive day cruiser go 80 or 90 all day long.. but there are ways to make any boat go fast $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in a jet lots of em ha ha.... good luck and dont buy the first one ya see lots of boats out there especially in winter time...

canuck1
    Think aluminum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast