Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jetboats ?????

GOT WATER ??
    Originally posted by hunter4life:
    damn, what i didnt realized before i started searching for these ***boats, was how many freeekin different manufactures at one time made these things, im gettting confused, should i go with a eliminator, sanger, kachina, tahiti, taylor, shiada, hawaiian, hondo, howard, sunkisst, sleekcraft, beachcomber, bahner, spectra, kona, southwind, they almost all look the same to me, well maybe not but darn close, well i think ive narrowed it down to the first 6 ive named , well i think, actually doing some searching around ,theres not a whole lot of nothing here close to michigan, PATIENCE, i dont have any,,,bob
    Go Spectra: The orignal!

Sanger Steve
    Hey Hunter ive got an 18ft Sanger Bubble deck, 460 ford, Berkley jet, Looks good, sounds good, runs good, seats 4, I saw an eliminator 18ft. bubble deck that looks similiar to mine sounds like the guy really wants to get rid of it for about 5k its on this web site with pics. Eliminator makes good boats and the price is right. before you buy any boat make sure that you DRIVE IT and check it over good it also helps if you bring someone along that knows something about jet boats GOOD LUCK.

Sangster 79
    Well, if you absolutely, positivly have to have a jet, there only one to look at for all around performance & ride "ELIMINATOR DAYTONA".End of the Conversation...

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by HammerDown:
    OK so I see where this is going...how about a mutt For a pump. Berk bowl, Aggressor Imp, Legend Droop, Place Diverter, A.T. shaft, And a Dominator inducer. With a bowl tricked out by Jack M, the Imp. zazzed up by Tom Papp, one of DuaneO's Jet-a-way's for those drive way tune ups and lets not forget that great wear ring!. And Don's pump service for a loader and the setup. And I'm gonna throw in a hull blue printing from Ted at CBM JET. Oh yea ... and G.S. for the gaskets! There... I belive everyone's hands are in it now.
    That ****er should run!
    Jacuzzi..............? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

HavasuDreamin'
    I will help you out a little here.........hopefully........? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    My guess is that you need to stay within the $5k to $7k budget you mentioned before. Right? Now what is the next priority? Being able to comfortably carry 4 peeps or going 75mph on gps. Figure it out, for $7K you probably won't get both.
    The 18' jetboat is a classic if you buy the right one. All are semi vee hulls, so they won't ride as nice as a tunnel nor as fast. You will get some porpoise until the set-up is close to perfect. Squeezing four peeps in is no problem, it is getting four peeps and all their shit that starts to make it cozy. However, you should be able to find any number in your price range. Good Manufactures in my opinion include .......Eliminator, Sanger, Rodgers, Challenger, Southwind, Spectra, Hallet, Hondo, Sleekcraft, Bahner, Kona, etc. I am sure there are some I left out, but those are good hulls with good resale value and that list above is a start!
    Go with any of the top name pumps. IMHO, I would stay away from Jacuzzi as they tend to be problematic. Also, if you have the vision of putting more HP to it later on, I would stay away from Panther. Just my opinion guys, don't flame me http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif Any of the other pumps will work fine.
    As I said before, the 18' is going to be cozy with four peeps and corresponding stuff! If you want to be more comfortable on the water, look into a 20'er. You should be able to land a 20' Spectra for close to your price range. Maybe a little more, say $8K to $9K, maybe $10K at most. The 20' hull will take bigger chop better, (still not as well as a 21' tunnel) and you can comfortably get four peeps and all their stuff in a 20'er. There are other good manufactures of 20'ers, I have just always liked the timeless lines of the Spectra 20'. Plus, there seems to be an abundance of them out there, at least in So. Cal. the downside of a 20' jetboat is that it won't run the 75 mph you want it to unless it has a tight pump and at least 550 horse or more.
    Good Luck in your search, I hope I have helped a little.
    By the way, take Unchained up on his offer. Hardee Damn is f**kin' AWESOME.

timitunnel
    It sounds like U need a daycruiser. Several companies made great ones in the 21 foot range. I have seen several eliminators that I liked. One day I may get one. But for noe I'm happy to have tunnel vision. Tim

trex
    Have 1978 Avenger 18' 455 olds berkly pump boat is in origanal condition motor was rebuilt 6 yrs ago, tamden trailer. $4,000 is in Denver CO.

djdplacecraft
    I would look into a 20 ft gullwing they are a little pricey but they hold their resale value.They also look pretty bitchen and u dont pay the extra dollars for the name like the datona's plus i think they ride better than a datona!And everybody knows they go faster for less $$$$$$!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123