Thread: B&M Blouwer snout leak

wright on
    I have a B&M Mega Blower 420 sitting on a mild build 454. The blower shop did a complete rebuild. My issue is I have about 1 hour total running time on the motor and oil is leaking out of the snout to case. Does any body know If I can just pull the case off and replace an inner gasket? Or is something more detailed. I will call Blower shop Monday also.

blownzoom440
    you could pull it and seal it with some RTV,clear,gray,blak it wont realy matter.you can get it at the hardware store or auto parts store.dont leave out the gasket though.i useualy glue the 1 side to the snout with HIGH TACH gasket sealer and the RTV on the blower side.torque to spec.i hope this helps.

wright on
    Yes indeed thank you. I guess the only thing holding me back is fear and common sense. Two things I dont have 99 % of the time.

blownzoom440
    so what is it you fear doing?
    the snout should come off fairly easy after taking the mounting bolts out holding it on.press on the end of the snout for leverage to break the gasket seal.a putty knife could be used between the case,snout to help break the gasket away.
    let me know how it gose.
    do you have any pictures to share?

wright on
    It sits closed to the back transom and not enough room to take off the front case. So the whole blower assembly comes off with Carbs and scoop to do assembly. Which isnt to bad because the lines are hard lined in, it's just that
    whole work 75 hours a week thing, kids, blah, blah, Im afraid If I get it off. It will take more than two weeks to get it back on. But it looks like I got time as my Vibration problems in the V drive set up will hinder me getting to the water any time soom. I will try to get some pictures up as it still a nice set up.

blownzoom440
    i should get the hardline kit.i have a BG 4 port 6-AN to the carbs.i switched to that from a dual mallory reg 1 to each carb.
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g2113.JPG1.jpg