Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the hot spots around Tulsa

TE/110
    Where are the hot V-drive and jet boats hanging out around the Tulsa area. I moved away for awhile and have lost touch with the good spots.

kcvega
    Lake Ft. Gibson at fun island and Keystone on thursday nights. That is when the water goes down.

HAMMER-DOWN
    Hey guys, new to the site. live just south of tulsa.
    On the weekend of August 8,9,10 there is going to be a Hot Boat regatta on Okmulgee Lake.

TE/110
    I know where the island is on Gibson, but where is everyone going on Keystone?

TE/110
    I'm planning on getting out the Okmulgee Lake for the Bash. Will the lake patrol give me a hard time for zoomies on the average weekend (not the Bash)? I would like to do a little tuning.

HAMMER-DOWN
    I know that for the bash they are closing off the lake and making exceptions for pipes. On the average weekend I don't think they would give you too many problems as long as you don't get out there at 6am and start blowing up all of the fishermen.
    As for Keystone, I think it's appalacia bay. I've never been there on a pleasure boat, only fishing.

TE/110
    I really appreciate the information. Maybe I'll see you around. I'll be in the yellow flat bottom named Terminal Velocity.

kcvega
    The spot on Keystone is any of the sandy beaches on the south arm of the lake. I believe it is a short run from Appalachia bay. Or sometimes they put in at Keystone ramp and run right across to a beach. On this map http://www.outdoorsok.com/images/lakemaps/keystone.pdf the whole arm in the middle of the lake between salt creek cove n and sandy park is sandy beach.

TE/110
    Hey, thanks KCVEGA, I really appreaciate it. I was out at Fort Gibson today with a jet ski and saw a half a dozen flat bottom v-drives hanging out in a cove just to the west of Rocky Point (southeast of Blue Bill). They were pretty excited about the drag boat race that is coming up at Chouteau Bend next month, and they're coming out to hang out. I told them that I would have my blown alcohol Flat out next Saturday at the same place.

kcvega
    You're welcome dude. I was there yesterday tied up with a few other boats probably around 3 or so. When is the race at Chouteau?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast