Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Obama vs. McCain...your take?

90mphRAGE
    Either way I get what I wanted in '04. ANYTHING BUT BUSH. But with Palin on McCain's ticket, there would still be a bush in the white house. McCain will continue to make the rich richer, and take care of his buddies in big oil that are making boating WAY too expensive.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but mine is the only one that counts!

SeaSlut
    Poll: World wants Obama as president
    September 9, 2008
    Reuters
    US Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama may be struggling to nudge ahead of his Republican rival in polls at home, but people across the world want him in the White House, a BBC poll said.
    All 22 countries covered in the poll would prefer to see Senator Obama elected US president ahead of Republican John McCain.
    In 17 of the 22 nations, people expect relations between the US and the rest of the world to improve if Senator Obama wins.
    More than 22,000 people were questioned by pollster GlobeScan in countries ranging from Australia to India and across Africa, Europe and South America.
    The margin in favour of Senator Obama ranged from 9 per cent in India to 82 per cent in Kenya, while an average of 49 per cent across the 22 countries preferred Senator Obama compared with 12 per cent preferring Senator McCain. Some four in 10 did not take a view.
    "Large numbers of people around the world clearly like what Barack Obama represents," GlobeScan chairman Doug Miller said.
    "Given how negative America's international image is at present, it is quite striking that only one in five think a McCain presidency would improve on the Bush administration's relations with the world."
    In the United States, three polls taken since the Republican party convention ended on Thursday (local time) show Senator McCain with a lead of 1 to 4 percentage points - within the margin of error - and two others show the two neck-and-neck.
    The countries most optimistic that an Obama presidency would improve relations were America's NATO allies, including Australia (62 per cent).
    A similar BBC/Globescan poll conducted ahead of the 2004 U.S presidential election found that, of 35 countries polled, 30 would have preferred to see Democratic nominee John Kerry, rather than the incumbent George Bush, who was elected.
    A total of 23,531 people in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, the UAE, Britain and the United States were interviewed face-to-face or by telephone in July and August 2008 for the poll.
    Link to story (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...?section=world)
    I mean, our best interests are not what the rest of the world really cares about. To me, that means if Obama is the choice that's best for them (The redistribution of america to the rest of the world), McCain needs to be our choice.
    http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/imageho...5daa85a7c8.jpg

90mphRAGE
    I'm so sick of all these politicians dancing around the issues and trying to distract us all. WHO CARES WHO WAS CALLED A PIG IN LIPSTICK. WHAT THE FFFFFFF does that have to do with the record gas prices, record debt, high unemployment, costly endless war, destruction of middle class, worthless education, un-obtainable healthcare, corruption in DC, global warming, terrorism, starvation, homelessness, broke social security, ect, ect, ect. DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THIS B.S.? I'm gonna vote for whoever stops the stupid bickering and distractions! how about all you idiots in the media focus on what matters!!!!!
    P.S. Should we really be voting on who supports gay rights or flag burning????????????????????? None of that stuff is affecting my everyday life.
    OBAMA'08

(the lesser of the evils, because Ron Paul or an Independant can't win on this crooked field)
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but mine is the only one that counts!

90mphRAGE
    I wanted to reply to that last before I started getting fired up
    A similar BBC/Globescan poll conducted ahead of the 2004 U.S presidential election found that, of 35 countries polled, 30 would have preferred to see Democratic nominee John Kerry, rather than the incumbent George Bush, who was elected.
    So how did that turn out?
    The WORLD knows best and most would agree now.

SeaSlut
    I wanted to reply to that last before I started getting fired up
    So how did that turn out?
    No, it would be worse.
    Much worse.

damdonzi
    McCain/Palin all the way.

SeaSlut
    The "world" and those polled do not care what is best for us (U.S. of A.).
    Redistribute the wealth. Our wealth to them.:sqeyes:
    NWO

90mphRAGE
    :devil: Stop listening to Bill O'Reilley:devil: . As far as re-distribution of wealth, refer to my statement about trickle down economics. It doesn't work. It's a great theory but unfortunately, greed keeps it from 'trickling down'. Like everything else in the universe, you have to build starting from the bottom. I don't think we should give anyone a 'hand out', but a means to begin. I'm not a millionaire but I know a few that started from the bottom. Think of it this way, the first million is the hardest.:idea: If we can help the middle class get their first million, then they can take off from there. If you give the greedy ones at the top tax breaks, they keep it to themselves. This never trickles down to the middle let alone to the bottom. I generally find the wealthier people are, the greedier they get which makes them even richer. Also remember that lower income people don't invest. Don't get offended if you are in this upper class. I didn't say everyone.
    Vote for the candidate with the most humble beginnings and they are likely the more in touch with Average Joe.

Run_em_Hard
    O'Reiley is one of the only people in the media that is not chicken shit and isn't afraid to ask questions and bring up topics that mean something.
    In the everyday media Obama's religion never gets brought up, even though Romney's did. Obama's religion is all about hate and Romney's is all about values. Come on people.
    In the everyday media Obama doing cocaine never gets brought up, but Palin's husband getting a DUI 20+ years ago does.
    Obama has not earned the right to run this great country, Community Planner, Hah.

SeaSlut
    It isn't that I'm for McCain, I'm against Obama.
    Obama is a fraud, a fast talking shill lawyer in a cheap suit. His record tells all. He says he supports the second amendment, but his past tells a different story.
    He wants to smooze Iran knowing that a deal cannot be binding because we are not a muslim state.
    His programs are support and aid for people that are too lazy and ignorant to help themselves, at taxpayers expense.
    His program to stimulate the economy is to stimulate the world economy, selling (giving) our technology to foreign powers as a gesture of good will.
    Obama will naturalze 10 millions illegal immigrants and claim success while real americans go hungry.
    You want health care, buy it or get a job that provides it and work thirty years for a retirement. I did. It sucked.
    Obama has not earned it, he's just cashing in his democratic food stamps.
    McCain gave his life for his country and his troops. That alone does not qualify him, but those acts show honor Obama will never know.
    McCain really wants to fix it. He's sincere.
    McCain gave us Palin in 2012. Everytime the media slams here Obama loses votes.
    I think there are much better out there than those two

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast