Thread: Plumbing

Schiada76
    What's the best way to plumb a v-drive with Magnaflow?
    Before I had one line out of pump to cooler, then to block, the other one direct to block then two lines out of thermostat housing to water jacketed headers. Can preheating one side going to block (through cooler first)cause a problem?

DUCKY
    The way I have mine is like so:
    I have formed hoses from my magnaflow to the timing cover inlets, then from the water neck I have two dump hoses over board with valves on them. (I have dry o/t's) I have my v-drive and both oil coolers (I run a tranny) force fed from a pickup on the bottom of the boat, as this give the oil(s) a chance to warm up as you idle out of the no-wake zone. If you have logs, run the water into them first, then out to the engine, and then have the water dump into the elbows/risers instead of overboard. If you have water injected headers, run one dump line overboard with a restrictor valve and run the other line to your to your t-valve, then out to your headers obviously.
    Clear as mud right??
    [ December 24, 2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: DUCKY ]

DUCKY
    Oh and by the way, I don't think it would cause a problem the way your doing it, but I still wouldn't.

Schiada76
    Thanks for the reply. Unless there is a foreseeable problem from my current install I think I'll stick with it. Tranny is force fed bty.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

78DiMarco
    Brad:
    I have a plumbing diagram that came with my turbo motor if it's any help? Let me know and I can get you a copy.
    Happy Holidays!
    Bert

Thunderbutt
    From the pump through the oil cooler then, through the headers(water jacketed), then into the motor, then dump to the exhaust. Force feed the trany and v-drive. Keeps the oil cool but preheats the water before the motor. Most motors run to cold. (Chevy) not below 180