Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21' hull identification help

CrdStang
    Sunkisst,
    Unfortunately it's a bit hard to find jet boats here in Hawaii..
    Urbanlegend,
    Thanks for posting the pics, nice boat! I like the windows...might have to put something like that in mine.
    65mph is damn impressive for a bigger boat, I'd say either your 460 is damn healthy or your speedo might be off a bit. I'd be curious what a GPS says.
    I know 60+ feels scary as hell the first few times out, but after a while you realize that your boat is reasonably stable at speed. I was scared sh*tless the first time out, but now I'll do donuts at 3/4 throttle.
    My Marlin Taurus looked as bad as this new boat when I bought it, but it came with a (supposedly) good 455 and a rebuilt Berk. Replaced the floor, keel, transom, and put some stringers in while it was apart. Basically every piece of wood in it was rotten, except the plywood supports under the front deck. So yeah, I'm familiar with how much work will be needed. And cash. B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand.
    IMO you're not a real boater until you've been too high on resin fumes to notice all the fiberglass sticking in your skin

firstjetinMN
    As far as speed, I have only gotten my boat up to a little more than 3/4 throttle and the speedometer read between 60-65, and that was PLENTY fast enough for me. Quoting Urban legend
    I can assure you that boat does not do 65 mph with a stock 460 Ford in it. Not ripping your ride or your hobby of carting around half naked women...in fact I admire it. But realisticly that thing is not going 65 at 3/4 throttle.
    Those speedometers, are basically junk. You need a GPS if you want anything close to actual. If you have a GPS and that thing does 65 mph at 3/4 thottle..... well then I will eat crow....and I prefer mine grilled

CrdStang
    It seems the hull identification number was filled up and sanded off when the transom was sealed up...I guess I'll never know..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12