Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magic deck boat hull cracking

pkripper
    i have a 2006 magic 28 deck, i have had it in the shop atleast 8 times for the same cracks, they just keep coming back. also on the trailer the back up override never works. i do not know if i am in the wright area for this post, i am just getting so tired of taking it back for the same issues, i am not one that takes legal action, i am just very frustrated. please help

Partycattin
    Where are the cracks?

pkripper
    going out the back of the boat by the battery disconect compartment,where all the bimini top mounts are,flip up hatches in front of driver and pass,pass seat base, by rear seat floor,under the front betewwn sponsens, where the wind screens bolt in this is a few of the ones that keep coming back

nodigg
    Just make sure to tighten the drywall screws before each trip and you should be fine......j/k
    Sounds like you could have gotten lemon. Maybe time to talk to the owner?

pkripper
    ive tryed and that got me no where. i am trying to find out if any one else is having the same problem. as far as the drywall screws i am starting to think you are right but you forgot the wood glue or lack there of.

Partycattin
    I rode in a buddy's Magic last weekend.
    He bought it used but it has some cracks. The bimini support near the drivers helm looks like it pulled loose and cracked the adjacent area. Looks like it may have need through bolting or a backing plate.
    Also noticed under the bow, where the support bar is for the entry, there are
    cracks coming from each of the mounting bolts.
    I did not notice other cracks on the boat.
    I did notice some yellowing of the white gelcoat on the top surfaces.
    Not sure if that is unique to this one or if other Magics have that problem.
    On a side note, the boat ran great, smooth, great turning. I was impressed.

pkripper
    the cracks do sound the same as mine except i have quite a few more. you are wright the boat does run good, overall i like the boat

nodigg
    Since you are not getting much input on this site, I would recommend posting the same question on Performance boating forums for some more responses??
    http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/

grads2112
    Since you are not getting much input on this site, I would recommend posting the same question on Performance boating forums for some more responses??
    http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/
    Yes, go over to Performance Boats and post this...and then wait 5 minutes for Rexone to delete it or close it. Your wasting your time posting this over there, they do not allow anything negative about manufactures at PB.com because negative comments do not pay the bills. It's too bad because that is the kind of stuff future buyers should know.

Todd969
    i have a 2006 magic 28 deck, i have had it in the shop atleast 8 times for the same cracks, they just keep coming back. also on the trailer the back up override never works. i do not know if i am in the wright area for this post, i am just getting so tired of taking it back for the same issues, i am not one that takes legal action, i am just very frustrated. please help
    Doesn't Magic have a 7 or 10 year warranty on the hull?
    Have you tried talking to Keith Sayer over there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast