Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marine service

anyone have info on nor cal marine , liquid tech marine or honker cut. perfomance upgrades /regular maitenance/ prices/ reliability, etc.

grads2112
    anyone have info on nor cal marine , liquid tech marine or honker cut. perfomance upgrades /regular maitenance/ prices/ reliability, etc.
    Stay away from Nor Cal Marine. Try S.O.S. Marine in Granite Bay 791-3783.

justfloatn
    Stay away from Nor Cal Marine. Try S.O.S. Marine in Granite Bay 791-3783.
    Ditto.

John.
    DO NOT GO TO NOR CAL MARINE!!!
    I made that mistake once...and Jory will never let me live it down now. They put in the wrong sized impeller, fried some wires putting in my alternator, tried to charge me 8 hours of labor for installing the alternator, reversed the lines on the water pump when they put it back together after putting in the right impellor, tried to charge me 2 hours for a 10 minute oil change...and so on. there's more. I definitely recommend that you do not go there. They are big talkers but just don't have the experience with high performance boats.

grads2112
    Already thinking about going faster eh?:idea:

Already thinking about going faster eh?:idea:
    yes , and i will listen to everyones advice to stay away from nor cal ...... sos vs honker cut ? ..... I beleive that honker cut has a marina where they can test the boat and have a reputation for working on high performance boats. I personally like sos as they have done work for me in the past and they are closer to me. I'm considering many options right now and would like to get it done before next season.

grads2112
    yes , and i will listen to everyones advice to stay away from nor cal ...... sos vs honker cut ? ..... I beleive that honker cut has a marina where they can test the boat and have a reputation for working on high performance boats. I personally like sos as they have done work for me in the past and they are closer to me. I'm considering many options right now and would like to get it done before next season.
    What upgrades are you thinking of doing? Blower? Headers/exhaust? How much power or speed are looking to gain? What is your top speed to date?

John.
    I recommend SOS. I've had honker cut do work for me too. they got the job done...but SOS is a whole lot closer.

I know putting on a supercharger would be the quick fix and if you guys remember the 25 nordic with a procharger , he was into the 80 plus range , im still leary about the 496 handling it. The other direction is to go with a raylar and dana marine headers probabbly more reliable set up . currenty at 64 mph with the wrong prop a 22p bravo 1 .a 24 would get me a few more mph.but i didn't want to mess w/ changing the prop until i did the upgrade I think 75-80 would be a realistic goal.

http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1177980543
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...8&d=1177980371
    They say 40 hp gain and they look sweet ....$2550 is the price.... cmi's are about 5k and about 48 hp gain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast