Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrical Wiring Terminal block area

blownt
    Got a 76 Hawaiian with a 460 Ford motor. Above the bellhousing is an aluminum bracket with a terminal block and all the electrics. There are two 10 gage RED wires that go UNDER the aluminum bracket to what looks like to me a Circuit Breaker. There is a white button sticking out the backside of the alum bracket. This breaker or whatever it is does not seem to be working. I push the button and it just goes in and out, no pressire or resistance on the button, no clicking no nuttin. I cannot start the boat and I'm thinking this is the problem. Thinking about just by-passing this breaker until I can locate a new one.
    Also anybody got a wiring diagram for a jet boat? Not interested in an instrument panel diagram. Want one with engine electrics, particularily a Ford starter/solenoid and internal voltage regulator. Thanks.

Here a copy of I diagram that might help I have others with different set ups as well Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ce/clip_23.gif

Hurricane
    That sounds like the set up I have also and it is a circuit breaker that resets when pushed if it is operationg right. If we could find the value of the circuit breaker we could use a power fuse in its place. I would think a 50 amp power fuse would be more than enough, but it sure would be nice to have the factory info.

Jetoholic
    Here a copy of I diagram that might help I have others with different set ups as well Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ce/clip_23.gif
    Back when I drew this diagram up I had forgotten to include the breaker since I don't run one. But I do believe most use a 35 amp breaker on them.

blownt
    Ya got da sketch of the other side of the terminal block just so I can trace and make everything is going wheres it suppose to be going?
    Called CP yesterday and it is a 30A breaker and they are sending me two. Gonna keep a spare.
    Pretty sure I am going get some new gauges and rewire the front half of the boat. Bought the boat a few months ago and the only gauge that works is the water temp. Want to replace the 3 3/8" tach with a GPS speedo in the dash. Got several spare tachs and cups from all my steet rods and will stick one on the cowl somewhere. Got a switch panel off ebay with a toggle and starter button and two other toggles I will use for fuel pump and bilge. Also got a MSD 6A sitting in the garage and bought a new PS91 coil and new mag distributor I am gonna rewire in this weekend.

Do any of the vendor's, offer a replacement wiring harness? From bow light, to stern light, and everything in between?

Cas
    CP Performance has complete harnesses for jets-
    http://www.cpperformance.com/SearchR...CategoryID=109
    I don't think the bow and stern light wiring is included on the harness but they're real easy to wire up.

Jetoholic
    CP Performance has complete harnesses for jets-
    http://www.cpperformance.com/SearchR...CategoryID=109
    I don't think the bow and stern light wiring is included on the harness but they're real easy to wire up.
    The harness that Cas is referring to has your basic jet boat wiring schematic. Master power, ignition, gauges (water temp, oil pressure, tach, fuel & volts) along with the bilge blower and pump circuits. Anything beyond that will have to be added on.

Thanks guy's. I recently acquired a 18' Dimarco, that will need one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast